Home Movie to Vcd or Svcd?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Uugah, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Uugah

Uugah Member

I need some help finding the correct procedure to transfer the video from my camcorder and turning that into a DVD that will play in my DVD player.I have been trying to read some other forum entries but am getting more confused as I go.....????

My camcorder has software that will take the video and burn it onto a CD but it isn't recognized by my DVD player.

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

What kind of camcorder do you have?

3. Uugah

Uugah Member

Sony DCR-TRV280....but I have figured out how to get an avi file from the camera.....and then found out how to get it into MPEG but need to do some more work to get a better picture quality.....Thanks for the reply though.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

That Sony does have a firewire (I-link) connection on it, and the quality should be good, if you use a good quality firewire cable to capture to your computer.

You need a program, outside of the junk program that comes with the Sony, though.

5. Uugah

Uugah Member

I am not sure about the firewire cable but the manual says something about an I-Link/ieee-1394 cable used only with the Sony Vaio Computer which allows for a direct burn onto a cd straight from the camera.However, I was able to accomplish the same basic function via the USB cable but with mediocre results at best.The frames were choppy and the cd tended to pause at certain areas.

I do admit that I am using crappy quality cd's but have used them b4 as guinea pigs for other projects with great results at a very slow burn rate.Anyways,this is just the beginning of another learning curve and I will earn as I learn......LOL.....Thanks again.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I-Link/ieee-1394, also known as firewire. Get a software program that will let you capture as a true DV-AVI file. Roxio and N-ero are two such programs.