home security cameras

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Dec 16, 2010.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

I recently had my truck broken into. The bastards stole my sub-woofer which cheesed me off enough, but they also took a religious medallion and my nieces box of toys. Now what kind of human being steals kids' toys? Seriously! Any way, I digress. I had contemplated getting one anyway, but now more than ever I want one. I've seen ads for them on TigerDirect and Geeks.com but I never paid too much attention.

I'm looking at something with at least two cameras, but four would be better. Nothing too fancy and obviously I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I also know that you get what you pay for.

So has anyone gotten and installed one? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

Also get a loud ass car alarm that way when they break in, it scares the crap out of them. My friend hooked a train horn up to his car alarm and that right there woke the whole neighbor hood up plus scared the hell out the would be thieves. One of them slipped on some ice while trying to get away and broke his back. Now the thief is in prison lol.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

might wanna invest in some new locks for your truck.these are he ones my brother has and he got them after his car got broken into.hasnt happened again.[​IMG]

5. aldan

aldan Active member

too bad some of the anti theft devices they have in south africa arent legal here.like flame throwers that fry the theif as he tries to break in.or electric current that stops the pricks heart.

6. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

OK, I'm gonna confess this since you guys have tried to help and deserve a good laugh. The sad part is that I DO have an alarm. The problem was that it wouldn't arm itself sometimes and since I am currently taking care of 3 kids that are NOT mine, it would slip my ind to check. Unfortunately if the alarm doesn't arm, the doors stay unlocked. And so, all they had to do was pull the handle. The real reason I want the cameras thought is that kids have been messing with our house for a while now. My wife is a teacher and we figure it's some of her students exacting revenge. They egg her car and let the air out of the tires. Shhtuff like that. What I realy want to do is get a paintball gun, bait them and wait on my roof for the little bastards. Let's see them call the cops on me, when THEY were the ones caught on camera.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

just watch it with the paint gun. no hitting above the belt but preferably below the belt at a certain area.

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

personally i think a BB gun would work better.running outside swearing aggressively when you hear the kids coming might work.putting fear into them yourself will work better than calling the cops.if they are underage police cant really do much to them (at least thats how it works here).