How 2 Flash My chip with evox 2.5 slayer and how 2 create the bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ashap123, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ashap123

ashap123 Guest

i have a xecuter 2.3b chip and need to flash it with a bios i have 4981 bios and need to know how to create a dummy file to put on to it and if there anthing eles i need to know before i flash my chip with this bios, please help quite knew to all this.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

firstly is it a LITE chip (ie preflashed with cromwell)if soyou need to make the bios you have to flash it with the right size
    ie a 512k or 1024k size
    to do that use x2 bios manager, can be found just by doing a search on google (also known as x2bm)
    then have a dummy file, around 60mb or so
    depending on what dvd drive you have, will also depend on what you can burn the bios dic on, If you have a dvdr burner, make a dvd of the bios disc, from a media that your xbox can read, xbox drives are usually pretty good at reading cdrw media, but unless you have a samsung, forget using cdr.
    when the bios you have is the right size, it needs to be renamed BIOS.BIN (is case sensitive)
    call the dummy 0dummy.zip (if its a zip file) or something like that.
    then using your recording program, ie nero, stomp etc
    burn the dummy file and the bios as a data disc, burn at the slowest speed too.
    then switch on your xbox and when prompted, put your bios disc you made in, it should flash, then when it finishes, will switch off your xbox. Reboot you box and , if you have used an x2 bios it should say xecuter2 under the xbox logo.
    its then ready for dashboard installing etc.