how can i backup big games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Strazza, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Strazza

Strazza Guest

ok, i want to back up splinter cell: caos theory, but its too big to fit on a single layer dvd and i dont have a dual layer burner.
    if anyone knows how to make the game small enough to fit on a single layer dvd, i would like to know.

strazza

2. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Why don't u try deleting all the Xbox live files because if it is a backup u can't play it online anyways....that should cut back on the size....Also to pose another question CAN AN XBOX READ DUAL LAYER DISKS (xbox v 1.0 with a Thompson DVD-Rom Drive). So try that frist before backing it up.

3. Strazza

Strazza Guest

thanx, i dont know if that will shrink it down enough but i'll try it anyways though.

4. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

It should I have SC CT and yes it is a big game but u can also delete the other language files too. Those take up a big portion of the game and unless u NEED them for personal reason u can just get rid of em and u should have pleanty of room to back it up.

5. JoshLogan

JoshLogan Guest

This is a dual-layered game for xbox? Are many games DL ? I'm thinking about getting an xbox... I have a PS2 at the moment. So, trying to learn more about backingup games for xbox and gamecube.

6. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

AFAIK: All XBOX™ Game Disc's are DL. Now when a said 'Game' uses all the Content Space on that 'Disc' is a different question.

As far as beeing able to read Dual'ies, the answer is yes! The XBOX™ should have no problems reading such Disc's. To dispell a myth that's been posted on this Board before. There is no Modchip solution as to which Media your XBOX™ will perfer. It's all up to the DVD-ROM Drive in your XBOX™ wether it'll decide to read it or not!

It's almost a 99% chance that your XBOX™ will not read CD-R's However you will likely have much better results with CD-RW's. I have thankfuly no problems reading DVD±R\RW's or DVD+R-DL's on my Philips DVD-ROM Drive.

Thompsons' are known to be the worst of the bunch with regaurds to what it'll read, while the King of the Drive's is the Samsung, as it's the only one known to be able to read CD-R's. the Phili., is somewhere in the middle...

BTW: if you can't burn it. Perhaps you should think of getting a +400Gib HDD to backup your Games. No muss no fuss and no scratched up Discs either!! =)