How can I get my 3-in-1 printer to scan?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by beau159, Aug 28, 2008.

1. beau159

beau159 Member

I've had my HP printer for about 4 years. I purchase it with my desktop 4 years ago. About a month ago, I bought a Dell XPS laptop to replace my desktop. I have kept my same printer (3-in-1 copy, print, and scan) and it prints and copies just fine.

However, it no longer will scan. I did some looking around on my laptop and I found a digalog box that says it "takes no action" when the scan buttom is pressed. The other options (like to scan) are grayed out and I cannot select them.

I no longer have the CD's that came with the printer but I don't know that they would have worked anyway since I'm sure they were for an XP operating system, where my new laptop has Vista.

Any way that I can get my printer to scan? I miss scanning in pictures!!!!

Thanks!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

All I can say is to go to HPs site, and see if there's software or upgrade for your software, for Vista.
    Good luck!

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the make & model# of the hp printer?

4. beau159

beau159 Member

It is the HP psc 1210v model.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. vijayman

vijayman Guest

I would say you go to your printer through your computer and click on the printer icon, which will open a new window and from ther you go.

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I have a 3 in 1 dell printer and when i reformatted my hard disk earlier this year, it didn't reinstall properly, purely because i plugged the usb in before i was told to.

So i had to reinstall it there on a new pc and it's working perfectly. But i do have the original disc for installing it. Are you sure you don't have the disc around somewhere?