how can i join to movie files together

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cphicks, Sep 24, 2008.

1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi everyone well its me again, ok heres my question i have a movie that comes in two files, and extended version, what i need to know is, is there a good program that joins these files together so it becomes one movie, i had a program along time ago but cannot remember what it is called, so if you can help solve this problem ill be very grateful thanks again

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Provided they are avi files, VirtualDudMod should do the job fine using the "Append Segment" tool.

3. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi ripper the files are dvdrips, so i suppose they are avi, hope that helps thankyou

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Dvd-rip isn't a format - what is the file extension?

5. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

sorry ripper all my file said is dvdrip, thats from the file downloaded from a site, it has not been converted yey i use convertxtodvd if thats any help also tried virtual dub having a few problems with it is there another program i can use to join the files together thanks

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

See you're not being overly helpful - I can't help you unless I know what file format the files are in.

If they are ripped directly from a DVD, then they will be .vob format, which is a whole different ball game. However, if they are .avi then it'll be a much more simple task.

Go to one of your files, right click it and select Properties; it should tell you there at least the file extension.

7. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi ripper well its a avi, but i think ive got it now hahaha i got a program called movie joiner, joined them together then put it through convertxtodvd and bingo all well and good so thankyou for your patience im very grateful and hope this method helps someone else, thanks again ripper

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Glad you found your own solution ;-)

Good luck!