how can i record a tape into mp3 using my soundcard input?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jesus87, Aug 3, 2002.

1. jesus87

jesus87 Member

please can someone tell me what program i can use because i want to burn all my tapes to make em cd´s and mp3´s so please
    thanx

2. SayYes

SayYes Member

damn man, don't waste your time!!
    the quality will most likly be pretty bad, since your recording from tape. since u own the tapes, just find the songs u like online and download them, at least 128 bit quality!
    you'll be better off.

3. Yeme3

Yeme3 Guest

One can use Goldwave, a very good audio wave editor. One sets Goldwave for a twenty minute capture and feeds the Casette tape output into the sound card's input. Goldwave can then be used to clean the captured sound of Hiss, Pops, and Clicks. I have not used them, but other softwares are available also: Dart, Steinberg, and even Nero will work.

Trouble is that one can easily spend two to four hours per song trying to get all the noised removed. (The noise is most noticebale when wearing earphones.) One saves first, tries a filter, and --- if not good enough --- does it all over again --- and repeating this process over and over. As previously said above, it is just far simpler to just download the songs from the internet, as most times they are free of noise.

Use www.winmx.com to search for the songs. It is free, and also free of ads and spyware. If you have a fast internet connection, use Napimx to load all the OpenNap servers into WinMX.