How do i back up my xbox hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hlpdanewb, Sep 10, 2005.

1. hlpdanewb

hlpdanewb Member

i want to mod my xbox but i wont to back up the harddrive before i do anything and how do i....whats the word....i gues but the hard drive back on my xbox thanks in advance

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If your installing a softmod with a autoinstaller, they have an option to backup your C partition before it erases it. If your installing a bigger hdd, all you need to do is keep your original xbox hdd. You could also FTP the contents of all the partitions from the xbox to your pc and keep it there for future use.

3. hlpdanewb

hlpdanewb Member

how do i ftp the files?

4. zarthis

zarthis Member

Easily after you get the files for a softmod like say for instance 007 nightfire or Mechassult you'll have to get them onto your xbox somehow I use an action replay or is a friend has a memory card and the xbox file already on his xbox get it from them. The next thing you wanna do is edit the evox.ini file if you want to set the network up without using DHCP and change the IP address feild to and Ip like 192.168.0.3. the default gateway should be something like 255.255.255.0. Of couse doing that you'll need to change you network settings to something like 192.168.0.2 or something like that same default gateway. Once you have that file taken care of put the entire save on an action replay, and load that save up in the game you selected to use fot the softmod. Once evox loads up get a program like FlashFXP and do a quick connect then type in the IP that you have for the xbox. If you xox was assigned an IP just go into the system settings and there you can see the IP but if yo dont make sure you have static Ip set to no. Once yo u know the Ip Type that into the Server or IP feild of the quick connect box and then both the user name and password are xbox.
    Then just copy all the files you want onto your PC.
    For more info on the subject Id go to www.xbox-scene.com to find out how to obtain the files and to learn more about FTPing into your xbox