how do i copy xbox in simple terms why even make it complicated y cant use just tell me how u do it

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by haza_2k6, Apr 8, 2006.

1. haza_2k6

haza_2k6 Member

tell me how u copy xbox games

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Since piracy is banned here, I will explain how to make a genuine legal copy of a game you own. It is quite within your legal rights to make a backup of a game you own for personal non profit use. Use a program called FlashFXP to copy the contents of the game in the DVD drive to your pc then make an iso out of it. Then burn it to a dvd. Can't get any simpler. But if you want all the little tid bits and detailed instructions on how to do this successfully, you must seek another! My hand hurts from typing too much!

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

IMPORTANT INFO!

There is NO program that will copy an Xbox Game straight from a PC DVD-ROM drive. Don't get caught up in advertisements from "Game Cloner" and "DVD Wizard Pro" because they can't make your drive read the game. I don't care if it is a double layer drive, it STILL won't read it.
    Again, the only way to get an xISO of a game is to FTP into your xbox and get it from there.

With that said, let's continue!

1. What you need to make backups

-A modded console (NO EXCEPTIONS). Yes, you might've heard of the wonder working xbox that can play backups, but YOURS WON'T! Trust me, save yourself the time.

Your Xbox also needs to be flashed. While there are several ways to do this, auto installers are the best (they flash, install dashboards, apps, etc.) Our fellow board member djboogie has made an auto installer, so lets support him and use his if you haven't flashed your xbox yet

You can contact djboogie via PM: http://forums.afterdawn.com/private_create.cfm?msg_to_id=82639

-A Dashboard-You need a dashboard besides the standard Microsoft dashboard to FTP. EvolutionX and Avalaunch are the most popular.

-A direct connection between your xbox and pc via CROSSOVER CABLE! This is one of the most misunderstood mistakes. The reason is because your xbox is a computer (in laymen's terms, that's what it is), and a crossover cable is needed to connect two computers. HOWEVER, if you plan on making the connection with a ROUTER/SWITCH/HUB, then you do NOT need a crossover cable.

-An FTP Program or Internet Explorer. It's strongly suggested that you use a FTP program. My personal favorite is IPSwitch WS FTP Pro. I've had better experience with this program rather than FlashFXP (the one almost everyone uses) but to each his own.

-An xISO program-This is another misunderstood process. People, you need an XISO program, not just an iso program. ISOs are the basic binary file layout of cds and dvds. Microsoft has designed Xbox with a whole different filing system, so you need an XISO program to accomodate that filing system so that your backups can look like original discs as much as possible. Good xISO programs are Qwix, CloneXB, Craxtion. However, the best one to use is GDFIMAGE. GDFIMAGE is Microsoft's disc image utility. For legal purposes, links cannot be given on this forum, so don't ask for it here!

-A burning program capable of burning isos. Nero, Alcohol 120, and DVD Decrypter (my favorite) are EXCELLENT programs that do the job and do it well.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  4. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

Just for clarification, I was reffering to ftp'ing from the xbox. To hell with fancy programs. I've used record now plenty of times!

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

None of that was refrenced to you Danandjen,
    I was and am speaking in general.

I think he is looking for an easy way to copy without FTPing,
    and we know that its just not possible.

I sent you a Pm as well on another subject.

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

haza_2k6 - a simple search would have provided all the info you need, hell there's a sticky on top of this forum that reads something like "how to backup games" or something close. so to answer your thread title, anyone can tell you how to do it, the answer is SEARCH. anyone can tell you the directions to aunt tilly's house, but you'll know it much better if you drive there yourself.

7. singh

singh Guest

do u need a hacked dashboard to play the backups example ive already got the iso onto my computer

ive tried to many methods on burnig an xbox game no luck i seriously need help or ill think mod - chips are a load of crap!!!

i have x3ce - 1.3/1.4 not sure hacked dashboard anod 1.3 (somthing along those lines)

ive tried dvd deyctpter- nero-patches with craxtion 4 no luck why?

by the way i did download the isos

8. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have a chip you can play back up games.
    You AnodX is a hacked dashboard, MS Dash is the only original one, if it is anything other than that your fine.

If you are just burning an ISO file to DVD then you can use any program like Nero, Alcohol 120% or DVD Decrypter to do it, just burn it.
    You need to use some quality DVD-R discs to burn them on.
    Like above, just read the sticky at the top and you will know how to burn it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  9. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

LOL I love newbies! Never read the stickies or use serches do they?