How Do I Fix My Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ds1615, Sep 6, 2006.

1. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

It doesnt boot up past this screen(attempting to recreate in text so use your imagination)

\ /
    \ /
    \/
    /\
    / \
    / \

XBOX

microsoft

and so i hot swapped and i am now extracting my "C" and "E" drives to my pc. after this how do i access the original ms dashboard and how do i fix it to work back to stock condition?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

did u try to mod it or did this just start happening?

3. ds1615

ds1615 Guest

WOOT! Ok I fixed it due to a different forum on hot swapping. I forgot the guys name. Anyways yes a friend had softmodded(it was his xbox first), and then something went wrong and so he gave it to me for a computer(which was slow so i agreed). Last nite i got it to go to the ms dashboard. Ive been reading up on how to softmod without a linux save......and so far it requires a slayer disk....which im not sure how to use or anything. so if you could send my a tutorial via email on how to safely softmod my box without using splinter cell, 007, or mehcassault i would gladly appreciate it! joesomebody1615@yahoo.com

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Unless you have the EEPROM, you'll have to hot swap if you don't want to use the Linux saves and install everything manually...

The Xbox can't read back-ups or unsigned code unless it's been modded. Basically, Slayer's Autoinstaller disc is useless unless you already have a mod of some sort installed to begin with.