How Exactly Do I Sell on eBay and Amazon?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by kikzm33z, Jun 4, 2008.

1. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

I know that this question is absolutely dumb, but I have no experience for online shopping. You must be thinking 'how the heck did this guy get a Senior Member status if he doesn't Google?!'. Well I have Googled, and it's covered most of my questions. I need some direct answers for the following questions:

1.How do I NOT get scammed using PayPal?
    2.Is eBay better than Amazon, or vice-versa?
    3.Where do I place the product(s) that I want to sell? Post Office?
    4.How do I ship back items if they're faulty in any way?
    5.Does Amazon sell/buy 2nd-hand stuff?
    6.Which marketing site is best for selling/buying consoles and games?

I might have more questions later on so be prepared. :p
    Thanks in advance.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

1. It's really hard to get scammed using Paypal. They have protection on there to get your money back, should something go wrong.

2. They're both good. Ebay is an auction site, Amazon is for listing stuff with a set price.

3. Once you receive your money, you head off to ship by whatever means the buyer paid for.

4. You contact the seller and work it out with them. It operates differently under different scenarios.

5. No, Amazon doesn't. But you can buy and sell secondhand stuff on Amazon. They're a middle-man, that's all.

6. Ebay probably gets more traffic, but Amazon is a good place to find stuff. It really doesn't matter. Try both places to get a good deal buying, and try listing your stuff on both sites. If it sells on one, remove it on the other.

4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Oo thanks... I don't really understand about the shipping problem. How would I find the company that my buyer would like to use? That's the only remaining problem. Do I use the internet...? I know it's a dumb question but please answer.
    Thanks.

And ddp, sorry for using the wrong category.

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

m8 Are you drunk?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

On ebay, you list the shipping options you are willing to let the customer use, with predetermined rates (based on volume and weight that you have gotten from the shippers), and the buyer selects one and pays for it on top of the purchase price.

On amazon, rate and methods of shipping are already pre-determined for various items. The seller will select one, and you will follow through.

7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Great, thanks a lot!

It's 'mate' and I'm clearly not drunk because I don't drink and I don't think that the age of 14 is suitable for drinking liquors of any kind.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Don't let them get to you. You and I both know you're here for a serious inquiry, and I'll help as I can.

9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

You're right.. Thanks. I'll post more questions when I need to. Thank you very much for all your help.

10. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Paypal isn't as safe as everyone thinks it is. I bought 2 PSP consoles from 1 seller in the past with 15 positive feedback. I never received the PSP's and when I opened the dispute I had to wait 20 days. After the 20 days the dispute was decided in my favour but paypal told me that as the seller does not have the funds in his account or a valid bank account or credit card they cannot give me back my money!!!

So basically when I buy from ebay now I make sure the seller has got over 100 positive feedback and check them out as well as some sellers have 1000 positive feedback and all of them are 1p items which is also a bit of a scam.

11. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Ouch... I should shop at Amazon then, shouldn't I? It should more safer, shouldn't it? But I MUST sell to eBay?

12. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

eBay is reasonably safe if you check out the sellers feedback, I dont trust amazon because there is far more fake products on amazon and if you do get scammed then it is so hard to go about getting your money back.
    eBay has got a not too bad system on bad transactions, especially if you use paypal to pay for the items.