How seek redress for improperly locked thread? Can't PM Mod.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by TomBrookl, Sep 12, 2008.

1. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

I had a thread locked for what I believe was a faulty reason. I tried PM'g the Mod but got some blog page. How do I seek a remedy?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Could you post a link to the closed thread?

3. TomBrookl

TomBrookl Member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/700226#4259998

Hi. The reason I think this thread shouldn't have been locked is because it's about hardware. The other thread I made is about software. I don't see how the software thread addresses the information I was seeking in the hardware thread.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Keeping with the theme of your other thread complaining about thread titles. If a user was to search for "ripping scratched discs" he would be bounced around between a software thread you've started and a hardware thread you've started and could become confused trying to crossreference the information contained in either thread. The hardware and software discussion can be consolidated in one place to avoid spreading a problem through several threads. The closed thread will remain closed, please ask related questions in the thread that is still open.

5. aldan

aldan Active member

actually,the last post on your software thread,did indeed give advice on your question in your hardware thread.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

It's a bit of a mixed topic really isn't it. Hardware and software.. There are data recovery tools which can be used to recover the data from badly damaged disks.. then using the rippers to attempt to rip from the raw image created.. Or attempting to physically repair the disk.

Only thing is.. If it's a badly damaged commercial dvd the best advice is to take better damn care of it in the first place because add a few scratches to the protection and it becomes a near impossibility. ;)