how to burn downloaded xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by benbell88, Dec 16, 2006.

1. benbell88

benbell88 Member

i want to download an xbox games but the files are all seperate like this: px-nfsc.nfo 2.78 KBs
    px-nfsc.r00 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r01 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r02 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r03 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r04 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r05 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r06 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r07 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r08 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r09 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r10 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r11 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r12 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r13 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r14 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r15 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r16 47.68 MBs
    px-nfsc.r17 47.68 MBs

and are in rar format i think they are not even in a iso file yet how to i extract them all at once and what program do i need to make all of them into one iso file so i can burn it to dvd please help!!!!

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

open the .r00 with WinRAR and then tell it to extract the ISO/IMG.

this question has been asked and answered thousands of times and is even stickied in about half the forms here, you might try doing some reading first next time before asking, you may find the answer faster that way.

kc

3. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

U both should know that downloading a game is piracy..!

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i think everyone here knows that, as well as you do with all your downloading and modded box, now get down off your high horse if anyone wants your preaching, they'll ask for it.

kc

5. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

xbox software (homebrew) isnt piracy, downloading a game that costs 50 bucks is, so get off your high horse throwing commands at people for keeping the forum rules, some people actually would like to keep this a legit forum.

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

modding an XBOX period is illegal, educate yourself and then both of you can climb down off the soapbox. the question asked pertained to un-RARing files, last time i checked it wasn't illegal to do that.

kc

7. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

Look smart one mabey if u read closer u can see that piracy is involved....Now u should educate yourself soft modding an xbox is not illegal u get your facts straight!!!

8. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you don't have a clue if the guy owns the original of what he's downloading or not.

soft modding and hard modding are both illegal modification of the XBOX system, if you doubt that, I'll be more then happy to give you Microsoft's 800 # so you can verify it with them.

also you need to do a little forum rule reading of your own wanna be moderators.......

kc

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

knock it off everybody!!!! if don't know if piracy involved than do an offensive post & wait for a mod to say yes or no, OK?? we don't need this bs here.
    Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

10. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

Ok let's just say that I downloaded an .iso torrent of a game WHICH I LEGALLY OWN, and want to make it into a backup that is playable on my modded xbox...

Now i've tried twice with 2 different games, both compressed with winRAR, extracted the game to new folder, and there alone is a .iso image/file, so i'm thinkin ok simple burn the image to disc (dvd-r) and slap it in chipped xbox.... Launch game.... NO DISC??

11. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you are loading the image as a file into the software and then burning rather then burning the image file as a data file to the disc right?? if so it will work when you 'slap' it in the box.

kc

12. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

what i'm doing is using the dvd decrypter program, going to 'mode' then down to 'iso' then 'write'. browsed and selected the image/iso and clicked burn... thats correct yes?

or does that program not work for downloaded games, as i know it works when u copy an original game using the xbox to pc through crossover cable method :)

13. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

that's how you do it, my best guess would be you are using inferior media for the burns. you may also want to check and make sure your burners firmware is up to date and use ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter, it's an updated version of Decrypter.

kc

14. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

thx for your help KC36330, sorted the problem :) i used nero 6 ultra edition instead of dvd decrypter and it worked first time with both games! think you was right bout it was jus writing the iso fie straight to disc instead of writing the actual data inside the iso if ya get me :)

cheers dude

15. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

No, not likely. DVD Decrypter writes the image correctly when set in mode ISO>Write.

kc

16. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

well thats exactly how i had dvd decrypter set up and didnt work 5 out of 5 times, yet nero has worked everytime :/ wierd. dvd decrypter worked fine when i copied an original disc, but not downloaded games. n there isnt really much u can change in settings everythings pretty straight forward. maybe it jus doesnt like my pc while burnin downloaded games :s f00ok knows... who cares its workin now on nero lol

17. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

as mentioned earlier you might wanna check your burners firmware and don't use DVD Decrypter for burning, only ripping, do the burning via ImgBurn. DVD Decrypter is well outdated as a burn engine.

kc