how to burn iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by claggy, Mar 13, 2006.

1. claggy

claggy Member

could someone please help.call me a noob (or should that be nob) i have made an iso of black but when i burn it the xbox is unable to see/read the disc.(my xbox is chipped and up to date etc...).what i cannot understand is if i put the disc back in my pc it can still read it and says its an iso of black but when i put the orignal in my pc ,my pc cannot read it(like every original game).i realise that you must hook your pc up to your xbox to see what is on the disc so i assume that i need to do something to the iso before i burn it to enable the xbox to be able to read it and make my pc unable to read it?im so confused?please help!!

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sounds like you burned the ISO onto a disc as a file, you didn't actually burn the ISO to create a game. If using Nero you simply choose "burn image", select the ISO and then it will burn the ISO correctly to create the working game.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, what program you used and what option would really help.
    There is nothing really special about it.
    You take the folder that contains all the game files, use Qwix or Craxtion4 to create an ISO out of the entire folder, then burn the ISO to a DVD-R as an image. Then it should play.

and yes you can buy a crossover cable for about $12 at Comp USA, (also called a CAT5 or RJ-45) and hook it from the Xbox to the PC. Get an FTP program like FLashFXP and you can transfer files between your Xbox and PC.

An Xbox will not read an original Xbox disc ever. It only reads the back up disc because it is an ISO or file. If you get set up to FTP you can stick the disc in the Xbox drive and then FTP the files to the PC, then create the ISO and burn a back up copy.

4. claggy

claggy Member

i done what you said Jigen and it worked first time.im in yuor debt as i have been stumped for over a week.many thanks and thanks for the input Steimy