HOW TO BURN XBOX GAMES

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PG2115, Dec 13, 2004.

1. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

I want to know how to burn xbox games. I have a modded xbox and Flash FXP. I also have a dvd burner. I have tried trnasfering game form xbox to PC then making a iso for the game, then i burn it to a dvd but it doesnt work. What am I doing wrong. Please help me.

Paul

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well you're doing it right, it's just that your xbox may not like the media your burning the game too. This part can be the most easiest or the hardest depending on your xbox. Each Xbox is it's own beast, so you have to find what kind of media your xbox likes.

Yeah, it's strange, but it's true. The reason is because there are three different Xbox DVD drives, and even those are different, even if they are the same drive.

3. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

What do u mean media? please tell me more.

4. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Quadratic if you could please IM me on AIM. Or just post it here but please explain to me what i need to do and what u mean by media.

5. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

I think he means the type or quality or the blank DVD-R discs you're using.

For PS2 and XBOX games, I've had most success with Ritek discs (with G04 dye).

I think you need to use XISO to make the image, though you might already be using that.

Best of luck

6. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

What are Ritek discs (with G04 dye). If thats what he means. I am using Memores DVD+R disc wuth 4.7 GB, is that ok? And yes I am using XISO.

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I meant the type of Dvd-r you're using.

Ritek Ridata and Verbatim Datalife Plus tend to be the most popular.

8. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

SO is that the Problem? Should I get some new ones. Quadratic can you walk me through what to do or do i just need those new dvd disc. Ritek Ridata and Verbatim Datalife Plus???????

9. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Could the problem be that I am using DVD+R?

10. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

+R not -R,what ones do I need? would that matter? And where could I find the Ritek Ridata and Verbatim Datalife Plus dvds.

11. blink6932

blink6932 Guest

You all are so dumb!! quad your doing things right..your box either reads negatives or positives dvdr's...point blank...some xbox's read negative or positive. In most cases most box's read positive. burn the same "iso" image to a positive and one to a negative..then play both in your xbox...one is bound to work. It is not the media or brand of dvd's your using..its if your box reads negative or positive...also make sure your using craxtion4 to make the files that you ftp'd from your box to ya computer..www.craxtion.com you can d/l the file there...if you are still not to smart to figure this shit out email me at blink6932@yahoo.com "subj: xbox" TONE....

12. jomalley

jomalley Member

Just a side-note to ptwenty.

I'm in the process of getting those symbols translated for ya. I happen to work with a lot of Japanese people, and it shouldn't be difficult to find out what they mean.

Take care.

Jacob O'Malley