How to change region code for my DVD player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mehbu, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mehbu

mehbu Member

Hi, unfortunately I learnt only now that there are just 5 region code changes allowed, therefore I cannot change anymore the region code for my drive. I have a Mac powerbook G4 and I live in Europe but I have DVD from different regions (5/9/1...) and now I can't play DVD from my region code 2. Does anybody know how I can unblock this mess? I have already installed Mac OSX system but of course it didn't help...

thanks! MB

2. zziplex

zziplex Member

personaly i use any dvd on pc there are more regions than the ones you know, and any dvd lets you play them as well.
    Also it does a lot more things than free up the dvd player inthe pc to other regions.
    look for a link in here to sly soft site ,you can download it and try it on a 28 day trial.
    I did and liked it so much got the license well worth it and it's not expensive

3. zziplex

zziplex Member

here is link to any dvd you can download from here ..
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/

give it a try it will work ,you get 28 days to try it free

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi mehbu, I'm not sure if Anydvd will run on a MAC system. I also don't know very much about MACs. Depending on which drive is in your PC it may be possible to firmware flash it to region free. Read the posts at this link and see if any of it makes sense to you about the MAC systems. Sorry I can't help much on MAC problems.

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=30233

Jerry
    I just looked and Anydvd is for Windows system only.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006