How to combine many 1gb DVD-video into one single 4gb DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by MLegend, Jul 11, 2006.

1. MLegend

MLegend Member

Hello.
    My uncle and aunt filmed her vacations with a digital camcorder that uses mini-DVD format. They used 4 mini-DVDs. My uncle then passed the 4 mini-DVDs into 4 DVD-R, which is a waste of DVD discs, IMO. Each DVD is aproximately 1gb heave, has a scene selection menu with the proper date, etc...

What I want to do is to put those 4 dvds into one or two Verbatim DVD-R.

How do I do this? I tried to compile them together, but I dont know if I can rename the video_ts files or the menues.

2. lilazn7

lilazn7 Member

It might take a long time but I would suggest since you can't burn multiple images together (from my knowledge) I would try and convert them to an AVI format or MPEG or something the like and then burn them using some sort of movie program (Ulead, or something that comes with a vid camera) because technically normal video vs dvd - dvd = ~3.5 times bigger. So if you had ~4GB of DVD, then yould be able to take it off all of them, convert it to divx/xvid, it would take a long time, and then burn it back. But imho just leave it, it's fine. Who cares if you have to change disks. imo it aint worth ~15 hours of work or more, but if you really wanna b specky and neat then do it. theres plenty of guides in the afterdawn "guides" section on the subject. GOod luck