How to copy downloaded xbox game to disc ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by grrmeh, Dec 4, 2005.

1. grrmeh

grrmeh Member

Hi
    Am new to this.
    Just got a xbox and its chipped with a executer 360 ?

I have downloaded a game from a torrent and im having probs getting it to work in my xbox.

The game is in iso format and im burning it with nero.

I have tryed 2 types of discs + & - dvd'r.

But it just says unknown dsc when i put it in the xbox.

Any ideas anybody I would be grateful.

ps is it possible to just hook my pc up to my xbox and copy the game to my h/d instaed of burning to disc ?

Thanks in advance

2. andersg

andersg Regular member

Try using a program called Xiso to change the ISO file to XISO so the Xbox can read it. Xbox's only read XISO files - then burn it to disc.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most downloaded games come in xISO form. Like andersg said maybe it isnt in xISO and somone uploaded it as just a ISO wich iv never run across anyone doing that with an Xbox game but it dosent mean it wouldnt happen.

It could be your media as well. I went threw 3 diffrent brands of blank DVD media before I found some that works on my Xbox. Also when you burn the xISO dont burn any faster then 4x

Another good program to make xISO is Quix. You can get it at the link below.
    http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

As to your question about conecting to your Xbox and send the game there. Yes you can do this. But you will need to download a program like Quix to extract the game out of the ISO and FTP the game folder over to your Xbox.

Just somthing to remmber. If you havent upgraded your Xbox HDD you need to watch how much you put on the HDD. Xbox HDD are only 10 to 12 GB in size. I have replaced my Xbox HDD with a 300GB HDD and have all my games on the Xbox.

Below is a guide on how to FTP to youe Xbox.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228294

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  4. Willllow

Willllow Member

So will any XBox read this, or does it have to be modded to read the burned disc?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Willllow

Your Xbox has to be Hard modded or Softmodded(game exploit) to bebale to play backup games.

6. Willllow

Willllow Member

Thanks for your reply. This is all so confusing to me!

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@williow

Whats so confusing?

In order to play a backup Xbox game you have to have your Xbox Hardmodded(modchip) that you phisicly install inside on the motherboard of the Xbox.

Or a softmod(game expliot) which is a trick somone found out how to do to hack into the Xbox using a save game file with a softmod installer on the game file and running it with a specific game. With this action you dont have to open the Xbox and install any Hardeware()HARDNOD) to the motherboard.

8. Willllow

Willllow Member

:) I am starting to figure what you've told me, but it's all a new language to me. The last game system I had was the original Nintendo, and things are a little more sophisticated now! I am pretty computer savvy, however, so I didn't anticipate finding an Xbox confusing! Honestly, I had never heard of modding and chips and all this stuff until I tried watching a DVD on my Xbox (I thought they automatically played them) and then started searching the net for info. I would also like the ability to play *ahem* back up games.

So I am now gathering that the softmod option is the way to go for me (soldering a modchip? Um, NO!) but have gathered I will need to buy a memory dealie of some sort to get the softmod from my PC to my Xbox.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with me!

9. steimy

steimy Active member

you can always send it out and have someone install it for you.
    Like Teammodders.com
    Just buy the chip and send them the chip and system.
    wait a week or two and you are all set.

The chip is more costly for sure, but i just love chips.
    They can always do more than other mods and are always the
    best way to go when modding any console.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Ok its the chip VS softmod war!!!!!!!!!

hehe J/K

It was easy for me to softmod my Xbox. Also I havent ran into anything that I havent benable to do with my Xbox with a softmod.

I have upgraded my HDD to a 300gb drive. Play apps/emulators/backup games/store them on HDD etc etc. I know you can do all that with a modchip.

There is 1 thing I can do that people with a chip cant do and thats play NBA Live 06 off my HDD with my softmod. Unless im wrong and they have found a fix for it for Hardmod Xbox.

If you are computer suavy Willllow then you shouldnt have a problem instaling a softmod on your Xbox.

You can also get emulators to place on your Xbox HDD to play NES/SuperNES/NES64/Gameboy/GBColor/GBAdvance/Sega/Atari etc etc off your Xbox.

I like alot of the clasic games and use my emulators alot. Nothing like playing Zelda off my Xbox.

Below is a link on how to softmod your Xbox if you choose to. Has all the information you need plus has the game exploit files on the site to download.

http://www.freewebs.com/betatester/profile2.htm

11. steimy

steimy Active member

for emulators and roms i only have one thing to say
    BAED DVD's!
    they have like 14,000 games per DVD and the emulators too.

12. Willllow

Willllow Member

Larry, I just wanted to thank you for your help and suggestions. I have successfully softmodded my XBox, yay!

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Congrats Willllow !

This is just the begining. theres alot of things you can do with your Softmodded Xbox.

Play backup games, DVD movies, Get emulators for other systems like Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GBA, Atari, Sega etc etc. I even have Xbox media center and network to my computer and play movies I download off my computer HDD.

If you need help on anything feel free to ask.

14. Willllow

Willllow Member

Thanks for the congrats! I feel like such a smartiepants (I'm a 31 year old female so this ain't exactly my arena!) ;-)

I have been playing DVDS and back up games with no problems and am stoked. But I would love love love to be able to play GBA games (weeee, Donkey Kong!) Can you recommend an emulator?

Thanks!!

15. andersg

andersg Regular member

Just wondering about Xbox Media Centerv on a Softmodded Xbox? What does this allow you to do?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@willow

I sent you a private message.

@andersg
    XBMC will let you play virtualy any video file music file slideshow with pics etcetc.

I download alot of DivX, Xvid, AVI, VCD and DVD off the net and XBMC has worked for all. I have my Xbox conected to my network so when i went to watch a video I run XBMC and network to my computer and play whatever video file I have. Works great and saves on burrning disc to CD or DVD.

17. andersg

andersg Regular member

Cool, I wish Xbox360 had something like that without having to buy Windows XP Media Center Edition

18. smigs

smigs Guest

But my main question is how to make an xbox back up i i have tried about 8 tuturials and the alot of programs most like craxtion and qwix mess me up but i burned about 5 games and on one of them it like shows the first emblum and then freezes i know that the .xbe files are reaaly touche but i already put the firles on my hard drive but im very confused and nothing works please if you can give me a complete step by step very very detailed thing on making a copy and the programs i need.

19. 0b1vi0n

0b1vi0n Member

i downloaded a torrent for an xbox game. there are 48 .rar files they all turn out to be .iso files when i unrar them. do i put all the files on the disk or just 1?