How to get back to camera!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by PattyBoy, Mar 15, 2003.

1. PattyBoy

PattyBoy Member

Hi, I am a Vegas Video 3.0 user with a Sony DCR-TRV-340. I make movies with my buddies and edit on vegas video 3.0. I do fine with getting the movie from my camcorder to the computer, but when I 'render the movie as' in AVI format, and go to print to tape, it says Error The file type is not supported with your device or something.
    HOW do I get the movie back to my Sony?

2. ProXnet

ProXnet Member

you may not have a DV IN with your camera...you can try to search for a hacked bios, and rewrite the bios on your camera, to unblock the DV IN option, if it can be unblocked

3. obieobied

obieobied Member

I use vegas video too. wonderful program. but anyway,
    You have to make sure then when you render the video, you keep it in DV format.
    If you render it to anything else (DivX, MPEG, Indeo, Cinepak etc. etc.) or else you cannot return the video to camcorder.
    Also make sure your firewire cable is connected properly, and your camera is set to VTR mode.
    It works for me, and i have a Sony DCR-TRV720.
    Both sony's so i dont see the problem.

ProXnet talked about unblocking DV etc. etc., but if you have captured footage FROM the camera, there is no reason why you couldnt send it back, so i dont think its a camera problem.

4. whompus

whompus Active member

PattyBoy
    I have the sony 340 also and love it. The dv is in and out so dont need to unblock it. I have not sent movie back to it because I just put it on dvd. I would think obieobied might be on track about the format. Also you might need to go into network connections in control panel and disable 1394 network connection if it is enabled.

Good Luck

5. jsnkc28

jsnkc28 Member

You also might want to make sure that you have your camera set to the Camera mode and not the VCR mode. A lot of people do that and can't figure out why they can't get video back to their cameras