How to put games ON the xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by DDunkler, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DDunkler

DDunkler Member

So how exactly do you put the games( I have 12 in my library) onto the Xbox after it has been softmodded?

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Use a program called dvd2xbox which you will find on most if not all the installer disks, or you can download it. You won't be able to get more than 2 or so games on a retail drive. There isn't much space.

3. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

When you say library do you mean a collection of xbox discs, or were they dowloaded and are on your PC library. If you have a collection of discs, simply do what janrocks said and used dvd2xbox. If they are on your pc, ftp it to the desired location. By the way, you'll probably only be able to fit one game on the stock hard drive. Time for an upgrade!

Scott

4. DDunkler

DDunkler Member

Ok well where would I get an upgrade and how much does it usually cost?

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

How long is a piece of string...unless you want to take some risks with an expensive hdd then buy a chip as well, personally I don't risk a £140 hdd for the sake of a £25 chip. Sorry I'm not prepared to get into the discussion again. Any 40-300 GB hdd will do with a few exceptions, but if you insist on softmodding then you have a huge amount to learn. Like which drives support locking and how to use XBOXHDM to build a large drive..lock it and get it to work. Seriously..not for a firsttimer. Look around all the xbox modding forums and see what you can find. And seriously while you are at it look here http://www.xboxscene.com and see why I'm not prepared to explain every single step.. Nothing personal, but the xbox is obsolete, all the information there will ever be for modding it is available here and at X-S

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2006
  6. DDunkler

DDunkler Member

Okay the xbox is obsolete thank you............anywayz......how much space does a typical game take?

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Well the smallest I have ever seen is 188MB (rollercoaster tycoon) and the biggest is splinter cell chaos theory at over 7GB..the average seems to be between 2 and 3 GB. so as you can see with one 2GB and one 4GB partitions there are some games you won't be able to put on at all.
    I didn't mean anything by saying the xbox is obsolete..just that there isn't any more serious development going on for it apart from a few tidy-up releases of software..

8. steimy

steimy Active member

I agree, get a decent chip like Duo2X, get a HDD from somewhere like Newegg.com where you can get a 160GB or above for like $85
    Then it is an easy swap out process and you can fit a lot of games on it without running out of room.
    A HDD upgrade is the very first thing i did when i got my premodded system.
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewforum.php?f=45
    there is a tutorial on how to swap them out with a chipped system using Slayer 2.6 auto installer. And lots of other tutorials for that matter.

9. DDunkler

DDunkler Member

Dont worry I know there is nothing new developing for xbox....thats why I am experimenting with it and doing new stuff because well......xbox 360

10. jr1984

jr1984 Guest

Reply to thread: How to put games on the xbox

how many games can you put on the xbox hhd

my guess not many huh

3 or 4

11. steimy

steimy Active member

jr1984
    with a stock drive, yeah not very many at all. especially if they are big like Halo

That is why a modded system, preferably a chip, and an HDD upgrade is very important for a true gamer.
    I have about 30-40 on mine with plenty of room to spare.

12. conoraos

conoraos Member

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@conoraos. Blatant spam mate... I haven't reported it because somebody else no doubt will. If you want to link to your homepage do it in your sig like everybody else does. And the way you are plugging it is fraudulent..There is NO EVOX DOWNLOAD THERE...What's the point of telling lies.. It doesn't make you any friends...

Don't bother clicking the link people..nothing to download, just somebody looking for hits on an equivalent to myspace, I was going to leave a "nice" comment on his page but I can't even do that without joining up to something I don't want to.. And slandering dear old Bill Gates??..{sarcasm} Totally uncalled for !! {/sarcasm} lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2006