How to transfer iso files to my xbox HD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hooder, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooder

hooder Member

ok so heres my deal, my xbox is modded and games i download are ntsc only. all of a sudden my dvd rom wont read games so i am wondering if i can put my iso files on the HD and play them from there? mainly i want to play one games. i have a 120 gig HD. i am new to the whole xbox mod so step by step for dummies would be greatly appreciated lol, thanks in advance guys.

2. Cawthorne

Cawthorne Member

sorry to say the only way you can store games on your hdd is the use the nxe dashboard, which you need a working dvd drive for, your options are to buy a new laser off ebay for £10 and fit it your self/ get someone elso to do it, buy a new dvd drive (it has to be the same model type exactly) and swap the dvd board over, or buy a different dvd drive and flash it in (making sure you carry the the dvd serial code over or your xbox is bricked). i would suggest if your new at this to buy a new laserand put it in as it is very simple :)btw there are 1000's of guides on the internet to do this good luck :)

3. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

u can transfer the iso games(on xbox1)with an ftp client to u`r xbox

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  4. Cawthorne

Cawthorne Member

This xbox is in the 360 section so that wouldn't work, you might be able put games onto your 360 hdd with 360xplorer, but you would need a working DVD drive to play them :)

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

From the OP's description it could be either old type xbox or a 360. Either way Cybertick needs to use real, full, wholesome words in future..

edit- no i think you're right, it does look like a 360 question, in which case please use the xbox 360 forum next time

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.