how to unistall virtal dvd drive from system ??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by expresso, Oct 21, 2004.

1. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - i think i have a virtal drive installed after i installed acohol 120 - caused problems and i uninstalled - but i think i have a virtal drive now -
    i one dvd drive and another dvd burner - but only the burner is in my systeme now - had to return the dvd drive - so i would think - i should have only the dvd burner in my hardware - but it shows the burner and a another dvd drive - i tried to disable it and uninstall it - and comes back after i reboot

how do i get rid of that virtal drive - or better
    how can i tell or make sure it is a virtual drive to begin with -
    thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a properties check on both & see what it says

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

In Alcohol 120%, right click on Virtual Drive and then select disable. If that doesn't work...

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager, find the virtual drive, right click, and disable.

4. expresso

expresso Regular member

thanks for the help - i got it fixed with the help from geestar20 he gave me some options to try and it worked - you cant just disable it from the control panel or even unstall it from there only -
    you have to uninstall the plug and play bios from the system and also uninstall the scsi drivers from the sytem also - and reboot -- now its gone from my system -- acohol 120 didnt agree with my system too good - i am running xp2500 - sometimes clocked to 3200 - 512 dual channel 400ddr memory - fx5200 128mb
    dvi out to 19" lcd philips monitor - 120 WD 8meg drive with nec 2500a burner and 16X dvd - systems runs very good - cant complain - i always keep the reg. cleaned and run all those spy programs etc.- defrag all the time - i have burned over 400 dvds - i had maybe 10 to 15 bad ones of those - not too bad
    considering -

thanks again for the info.