HP 200e External firewire problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by whodunnit, Aug 15, 2002.

1. whodunnit

whodunnit Member

Hi
    I've got no problems reading from my HP 200e via firewire, using the ISO method
    but when I try to write to it I get the following message:

SPTI Command Error!

Device: {0:0:0}HP DVD Writer 200j(H:)

Scsi Status: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 53 00 00 00 00 00 20 15 60 00
    Interpretation: Reserve Track

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0B 00 00 00 00 30 05
    Interpretation: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible format

I'm using an HP DVD+RW disc

Can someone help me?
    Thanks

2. scathe18

scathe18 Member

Been having the same problem. I believe its the HP200i/e. I really don't know what to do. I have tried all possible ways to solve this. WIll probably have to sell this drive and gat another one!

3. whodunnit

whodunnit Member

Yeah, that's what I did. I got the Cendyne Internal DVD-r/RW (which at least in the US is the Pioneer DVR-104), and so far everythings working ok. Unfortunately it didn't come with Prassi Primo so I'm still looking for someway to get that.

4. scathe18

scathe18 Member

Got it to work now!!! Just had to disable the DMA!!!! Anyway, you can try to download that Prassi in Kazaa.com I'm sure they have it.

5. utahfire

utahfire Member

scathe18
    How did you disable the DMA?

6. Almighty1

Almighty1 Guest

Greetings everyone:

I have a HP DVD+RW DVD200e drive Externally hooked up via Firewire running Windows XP Professional SP1 and I'm having some weird CDR recording problems. The first drive I had, I messed up the firmware because I forgot to switch to the USB port when flashing. So I went to exchange the drive and got a new one which was manufacturered in May 2002. The new drive would not record on the media that worked fine with the first drive even though it had the same firmware at any speed. What happens is with VideoCD bin/cue images using CDRWin 3.9b, the disc after 1-2 minutes, the drive light would go off and stay off and even the physical buttons are not responsive until I pull the power on the drive and reconnect it. For VideoCD's, it did work with a second media at 12x when I tried it. The problem is with AudioCD's under Nero 5.5.9.9. With Wave files, it does the lead-in and then after a minute or two, the light on the drive goes off and then never comes back on again with the drive buttons being unresponsive until I pull the power on the drive and reconnect it. This happened to 18 CDRs. So I went for another exchange and got a September 2002 drive this time. I haven't tested any VideoCD's on this one but with AudioCDs, the first AudioCD worked fine but everything else had the same problem as the second drive, anyone knows what can actually cause this problem and if it's a software, OS or hardware problem? I have tried firmware versions 1.06, 1.27, 1.36 on all the drives. Thanks for any help and input in advance!

7. yikes

yikes Member

yes, how do you disable the DMA?

8. nesteaboy

nesteaboy Guest

I'd love to know how to disable DMA too!!
    Please help.

9. scathe18

scathe18 Member

Just got to the control panel under settings. Click on System then click on the Device Manager Tab then click on CD/DVDrom then click on the appropriate rom drive you are using to burn your dvds and click on settings then uncheck DMA under options.
    YOu will then have to restart your computer. Hope this helps.

10. bobj3

bobj3 Guest

You need to us HP disks only 2.4 speed or you can change the DMA but with errors
    Bj

11. senni

senni Member

Thankyou. I have just changed the secondary IDE channel to pio mode and my HP DVD 200i now works beautifully.