HP 200i Recorder and DVD+R

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by djbart26, Oct 4, 2002.

1. djbart26

djbart26 Guest

Okay, I think this question was asked before but at this moment I can't find the it. I have a HP 200i recorder DVD+R/RW and burned my first movie on a HP DVD+RW (this came with the package) it work fine ran on everything (APEX DVD player). I bought some Memorex DVD+R and tried it. Even the HP DVD can't read it or doesn't even know it is in the drive. Did I just shoot myself in the foot and bought a propritary piece of hardware. Please help, I am about to call customer service at HP and bitch them out.
    Thanks

2. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, I have a hp200 and it has been no problem. I have been using the memorex dvd+r and like I said, no problem. I've burned over 60 dvd's and more than half were memorex.

3. djbart26

djbart26 Guest

Elayne what type of software do you use to burn.

4. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, I use Record Now Max. It is very easy to use. The only thing is, you have to upgrade the firmware to 127.

5. crotzari

crotzari Member

Hi Elayne! I just got a HP DVD+RW and I wonder if you have tried to burn an ISO-file? I can make normal backups and so on but bruning an image eludes me. I have a movie I´d like to burn out. I got Roxio Easy CD creator with my burner but it´s only a basic version...
    What programs do you guys recommen for ISO-burning with this drive?

6. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, I burned an ISO file only once when I first started and I couldn't get it to play, so I never tried it again. Sorry I couldn't help. For the most part, I rip the movie and do the ifoedit and burn. The Record Now or the Easy CD Creator will not do. They don't have all the stuff.I purchased the Record Now Max Plat. 5.1, it costs about $60. I like it alot and has never failed me. I believe you can burn an image file with it. Some people like Nero or Prassi. Basically, they are about all the same. Good Luck.

7. skillz310

skillz310 Member

hey elayne where did u get ur firmware update? i cant find it any where and i keep gettin an error when i try to explore the dvd from My Computer. it says "the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." i wanna try updatin the firmware to see if it helps. if not do u know of any solutions? i already uninstalled everythin and reinstalled. still same thing. any help is appreciated.

8. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, you have to go to the HP site for drivers and updates. There is another update from the 127 to 136. I haven't downloaded it yet, I may not since I don't have any problem with the way things are. Good Luck.

9. skillz310

skillz310 Member

ya i found it but mine came pre-loaded with the new firmware. anyway i found out it only does that from this one dvd i rented from blockbuster. i dont know if its a protection or wat. ya i got another question i wanted to test my burner and i burned this movie i have and it loaded fine on the dvd player up to the menu selection and after that i press play and it freezes. i burned it with nero the newest version on the dvd copy one. also have u noticed that when u tell it to read a dvd to make an image it kinda burns up the middle part and comes out black. i also ripped a cd to my hd and it made lil circles like when u hold a lighter up to them. does this happen to anyone else and do u think i should get it checked?

10. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Honey, you got a problem. You should take it back. I never had that problem.

11. crotzari

crotzari Member

Hi again!

I bought Nero and got the latest update for it and it almost works perfect. When I try to copy a DVD it NEVER works to do it to a DVD+R media. However, if I use a DVD+RW it works and I can use the copy in my computer but not in my DVD-player. Here's the strange part:
    If I copy the DVD+RW I just burned to a fresh DVD+R I always get a copy that works in all my players...
    Isn't that odd? I wonder why it does not work at a DVD+R directly from the original?

Has anybody else noticed this?

12. crotzari

crotzari Member

By the way, there's a tool called DVDXCOPY availible which is supposed to work perfectly with HP200 burners but I hear it's only made for making backups of your DVD-movies, nothing else. Have anyone tried it yet?

13. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Hi, Well, I told you all I could. With my Hp burner, I can burn +r and +rw. I use Record Now Max Plat. and I play everything on an Apex dvd player. No problem.

14. skillz310

skillz310 Member

should i take it back to the store and tell em wat has been happenin? or wat. cuz i got a best buy replacement plan and i have a feelin they wont just replace it like they should. cuz with my ps2 controler they told me i had to call some dumb shit number that had nuthin to do with my controller. i also dont really feel like openin up my vaio cuz it takes years to take off all the shit that is supposed to stop normal people from puttin stuff in them selves.

15. skillz310

skillz310 Member

should i take it back to the store and tell em wat has been happenin? or wat. cuz i got a best buy replacement plan and i have a feelin they wont just replace it like they should. cuz with my ps2 controler they told me i had to call some dumb shit number that had nuthin to do with my controller. i also dont really feel like openin up my vaio cuz it takes years to take off all the shit that is supposed to stop normal people from puttin stuff in them selves.

16. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

It sounds like you are going to have to do something. Something is totally wrong. Maybe you won't have to take all your stuff off. Did you call the manufacture of either the computer or the burner.

17. swp7776

swp7776 Member

I recently bought a HP200i. I have downloaded alot of movies from Kazzaa and when I trancode then using Sonicmydvd, the program that came with my burner it takes hours. But the problem is I run this transode at night after i go to bed. When I try to play the DVD in the morning it only plays so far and the the video freezes but the audio keeps playing. Has this happened to anyone else. Please help if you can. Thanks

18. skillz310

skillz310 Member

na i was thinkin bout doin that but i dread stayin on hold for 35 minutes. i guess its my only choice other then takin it back. thanks alot.

19. Elayne

Elayne Regular member

Transcoding stinks. I just rather rip to two dvds. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it is best to take it in, there may be just a minor problem that is causing this and you don't want to wait for it to be a big one. Good Luck.

20. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

i got a question. i have a hpdvd100i. on the drive it shows a RW sign. does this also mean it burns +r's.???? i dont want to waist the money on +r's if it only burns +rw's which i think it weird becuase if it burns +rw's why can tit burn +r's. any advice???