hp and dell website accounts

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Jun 21, 2020.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am coming here because neither dell or hp will allow me to log in nor create a new account nor can I find my existing account to log in from or delete and create a new one. none of my 2 emails work or various associated passwords. can anyone here help me find and delete my accounts? steps to do that please.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

so let me think.. you are trying to access your old account using saved info?.. your old registered emails and all that jazz? .. but when you try to make a new account using the old details it's saying "email/username exists" ??. correct??

have you double checked your caps lock key???

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

yes I have tried it locked and unlocked no help and all password combinations and emails I have used in the past. both systems simply reject all attempts and I cannot find a way to delete my existing account and create a new one. the systems will probably not allow me to because I don not nor will I create a third email just for the privledge of posting questions. any help welcome.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

what's probably happened is.. they have done a complete upgrade of their systems since last time you logged in on either account..

(happened to me on a .vn tech site a few weeks back) so while your old account exists in the database it no longer actually exists on the forum..

best thing to do is try to get hold of a site admin (admin@whatever) and explain the situation to them as both are legit commercial companies

btw.. protonmail do throwaway emails.. have one myself for just such purposes..