I got this digital video camera at a garage sale and...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Matthomas, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Matthomas

Matthomas Member

I got this digital video camera at a garage sale, it didnt come with anything except the camera itself. It was jammed (which I fixed) and so I ordered an AC adapter that would work with it, and I just got it today and I tried it and all it does when its on is beep and try to turn on every second. Theres a little screen on the other side of the LCD screen and it shows picture for a second but then goes away and keeps repeating this. It's a Sony digital video camera and the model is a DCR-TRV530. I would like it if anyone could help me out with trying to figure out the problem because it still obviously has power and is trying to do something so I'd like some help of figuring out the problem.

Thanks.

2. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

mine is sony too but its analog...i had a similar problem long time ago so i leave it in the closet about two years then one day i was looking on the internet for some solutions ..and a found a forum where they were saying how to fix it..they said give a slap in the top in the bottom and in the sides with reasonable power..many of this people in the forum said it unbelievable works..and it worked for me too .try it .good luck!!

3. Matthomas

Matthomas Member

I tried, it's still doing it.

I heard I might have to have a battery attached for it to work. I'm not using any battery right now, only an AC adapter.

Do I have to have a battery attached?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  4. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

in my camcorder that i repeat is an analog camcorder i don need it . it will work without the battery . just with the adapter. but maybe yours is diferent. i would try it with the battery. they cost about 40 or 50 bucks. also did you try a clening tape.??

5. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

You kind of answered your own question. I do think you need to have a battery for it to work.

And sergiovv, I really don't think it needs a cleaner, that's why it's a digital camera.

6. Matthomas

Matthomas Member

It's not a digital camera, its a digital video camera.

Also, I dont have a battery but I saw on the online manual a page where it tells how to attach the AC adapter and stuff, and there wasnt a battery on the camera. The page was called "When your battery is low, use the AC adapter." So I guess I dont need a battery.

7. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

i have the wrong idea about the digital video cameras i never have had one . what i have i guess is a lot diferent . i use the 8 mm tape i thought the digitals were the same. about the batterys i think they are to use the video camera cordless but as long as it has power plugged so it will not need the battery. dont it. did you try a sony troubleshooting site in the internet.??

8. Matthomas

Matthomas Member

Yep, alot of times.