i need help on how to get dvd covers to fit keepcase

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by evil_dead, Jul 31, 2010.

1. evil_dead

evil_dead Member

i got 2 software that prints dvd covers and every time i print one from both of them, they cut off ends idk what to do? can someone help me?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I use UndercoverXP for printing.
    Depending on your printer, there may not be enough room to print the entire cover properly on a letter size page.
    This is a built-in problem with the printer;it's setting minimum margins and the software cannot overcome it - except that UndercoverXP will offer to best fit the cover to the page.
    My Canon printers have this problem, but my HP doesn't.
    You could also buy a pack of legal size paper (don't know what the metric equivalent is)and use that for covers.

http://www.undercoverxp.tk/

3. evil_dead

evil_dead Member

i have a lexmark z611 and i use cover xp. i got from cdcovers.cc and printmaster the free kind, are there any settings i can use to make a cover that can fit? or do i need biger paper?

4. attar

attar Senior member

UnderXP has a preview setting that shows (or warns) you that the image is outside the printable area.
    If it's outside the area, it offers you the choice to force it inside - which usually means the cover is slightly short in the vertical dimension.

Alternatively, if you want the exact, correct size, change the printer setting to 'Legal' and recheck the preview.
    If it now shows that it is within the printable area, then that's the size it will need.

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

...Or you could just do the job with GIMP...it seems to be super-accurate when printing, and it is free.