i need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 0b1vi0n, Jun 6, 2006.

1. 0b1vi0n

0b1vi0n Member

i have a game that is a .iso file and i need to change it to a .xiso file so my xbox can read it. i downloaded qwuix to upload it to my xbox. i also have xiso, but it's in .stifx so i downloaded stuffit to extract it. how do i use stuffit to open the file. i extracted it but none of the files open the program

2. 0900

0900 Member

A couple of things.

1) The extension of an Xbox game image is still named .iso, not .xiso, even though it is in xiso format.

2) The XISO app sucks major ass, and does not create or even get near creating a real Xbox image (as real as you can get). It causes more problems than it is worth, it's been documented, do a search.

3) Why don't you just put your original game in your Xbox and rip it to your hdd with DVD2XBOX, or you don't have the original game.....?

Regards

Cold|Fusion

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If you want to put it on a DVD, then just burn the ISO to a quality DVD and your xbox will read it, if it is modded of course.

If you want it on your hard drive you can do the above then use either DVD2Xbox to copy it from the Xbox drive to the HDD, or a program like Qwix Or Cration to either extract the ISO to a folder to be FTP'ed by another program, or just extract it strait to the Xbox via FTP

I really hate that people use the term Xiso like it is something special. It is an ISO image of an Xbox game the same as an ISO image of any other thing like a movie or PS2 game. An image is an image.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  4. cearel

cearel Guest

yea when ever probs come up ppl are like you need xiso not iso they are so dumb lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006