i need your help with pcsxbox...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jkl, Feb 25, 2006.

1. jkl

jkl Regular member

i downloaded a pcsxbox emulator from xbox_hacks.net. it seems like it should work being that it includes the xbe files etc. but for somereason when i ftp it using flash fxp it doesn't show on the xbox. can someone help. ps the files are on the xbox it just doesn't show in the apps area.

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

You're using Evox? If so you need to place the emulators folder in the apps\emulators folder on the xbox.

3. jkl

jkl Regular member

nvr mind i got it working however do you know how to play games on it i cant seem to download any psx games to my computer to transfer over to my xbox if you could help by sending a link to a good site to download the roms (i am supposed to use roms right?) from or telling me how to do this right i would be thankful.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Glad you figured it out. FYI the PS1 games usually come packed as BIN/CUE or ISO, not ROMs. Those are arcade games mostly. You also need the PS1 bios that are not included in the PCSXbox zip file.
    Sorry, I don't have links to sites that offer them for download. Check out Google.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  5. Ghost_88

Ghost_88 Member

hey there, if you need to find the bios for the pcsxbox emu, just try searching www.google.com for "scph1001.bin". hope this helps

6. jkl

jkl Regular member

thnx however i still would like to know how to make the .bin files from playstation discs if any1 can help i would as usual be very thankful. by the way im using QWix to do all this... hoefully it works.

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Isobuster should be at the top of your list. It makes excellent backups of the PS1 discs.

8. jkl

jkl Regular member

so far in the past two das i have downloaded five or six things dealing with this topic so far non have worked if you could tell me exactly how to use the isobuster for copying the files off my game to the iso files so i can put them on my xbox i would really appreciate it ... this is tiring tring to get it working. also if you know where i could just dowload the files for the Legend of Dragoon i would reaally appreciate it....thnx you are very helpful.

9. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Isobuster is easy to use. Just put in your disc and tell isobuster to copy it. Take the resulting BIN/CUE files to your xbox HD and they will work, assuming the game is supported by the emulator.

10. jkl

jkl Regular member

thnx jigen you are a life saver

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I use cdrwin3.9 [i think that's th version I have] and this is a short tutorial on how I do it.

Emulator - PCSXBox.

Things you need:
    CDRWin (I use 3.9 or 4.0 I can't remember for sure)
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

Emulator - PCSXBox.

As you'll notice is that "PCSXBox" emulator can be one of the hardest emulators to understand.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    adaptec Aspi layer installed- If your using windows 2000 or XP
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

NOTE:Some "PCSXBOX" emulators requires either of the bios file.
    Scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin
    So which ever one the emulator your using requires. Use it.

First You'll have to extract the playstation game into an image using CDRWin.

Getting it to work: You have to create BIN/CUE's of your PSX games and either copy them to your HArddrive or burn them to DVDR's/CD-RW's. Your ".BIN and .CUE" files should have the same names:

For Example:

GAMENAME.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is a valid combination and

GAMENAME01.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is not.

Getting Started Instructions:
    CDRWIN=

1. Open CDRWin, and click the top-centre icon on the main screen
    2. Click in the "Image Filename" box, and type in the location and filename of the bin/cue files you wish to create. Make sure the RAW option is checked, then click START.
    This will now create the bin/cue files for use with PCSXbox.
    3. After it finishes creating the .cue & .bin files, open up the .cue file with notepad
    and check and see if it need to be edited. Sometimes, the filename includes the drive, in this case "D:\". Remove this part of the path/filename...

Example:
    FILE "D:\CASTLEVANIA.BIN" BINARY
    Wrong

FILE "CASTLEVAIA.BIN" BINARY
    Correct

4. Click "File" then "Save" to save the changes.
    These two files can now be FTPd to the Xbox.
    This tutorial is very basic, but should be enough to help get PCSXbox running with your ISOs.

Some game take a short time to backup,but there are some that will take some time.....also if you want to know what games work with the emulator...goto www.xbox-scene.com in their forums they have a compatability list for this emulator.

12. adfrog10

adfrog10 Guest

how do i ftp it to my xbox please i need somebody to tell me

13. jkl

jkl Regular member

ok adfrog 10 here's how you'd ftp it download flashfxp (google it) download the free trial and install it. then find out the ip of your xbox and enter that under the server in quick connect, then enter xbox for your username and password. hit connect then, go into the E folder of your xbox and the to apps then to the folder you put your pcsxbox in.(stay ther on the screen then on the computer side find the files that you made aka ps1game.bin and ps1game.cue thensimply drag and drop them in the folder.

14. adfrog10

adfrog10 Guest

i need help getting a mdf/mds file and turning it into a bin cue file someone please help me magic iso does not work for it it comes back in kb format

15. adfrog10

adfrog10 Guest

i have it working anybody know how to slow down the speed on the game my characyer in lunar 2 is moving to fast

16. jkl

jkl Regular member

...good question. all i can think to do is get a slower xbox. lol...not a joke.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  17. walz04736

walz04736 Member

i download scph1001 and put it in bios folder. i put the game in my xbox and it wont work win i put on pcxbox. then i tryed going to .bin didnt work then i copied the game in my cd drive then ftped it to my xbox then tried it it still wont work plez help.

18. zombie_x

zombie_x Guest

some games need the .CUE file if they have audio tracks also.

with cdrwin use the extract sectors option and put the disc in the drive(if you have the original) and let it rad it. in the bottom of the window there is a table with color dots. those represent whats on the disc. so if it has a data track and 1+ audio tracks you must use a cue file with the bin. so ftp both to the xbox.

19. walz04736

walz04736 Member

yes i have the playstation game i want to play i had a ps but gave it away because i had a xbox.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  20. cdssrm12

cdssrm12 Member

I did everything just like the guy said to do in the small tutorial in this thread and when I go to FTP it over to the X-box it says it can't find the file. Which I can't understand because I've been able to FTP over other emulator games just fine, so I know my connection is there.