i think i messed up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hops4me, Feb 13, 2006.

1. hops4me

hops4me Guest

i got an xenium ice and when i tried to hook it up to the COM. though a networking cable it flashed red. now when i put it back on the tv it goes down (like the v-holds messed up) so fast i cant read the screen to try to fix it. is it screwed or can anyone tell me how to fix it.please.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

an xenium ice has its own OS. So just load it up. IF you can't, tell me more about the problems. Where are at? what do you see? I need to know more what are going on. To help me means to help you.

3. hops4me

hops4me Guest

i cant read the screen to see how to get to the os. if you can tell me to push down 4 and push (A)botton, push down 2 push (A), push left push (A). you know what i mean. but as far as telling you more about the problem im a noob and i dont really understand how i did it. when i launch my XBOX it will read games and movies still but the screen doesnt stop going down and everythings in black and white. WTF.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Shit. This is my first time to know this problem.
    Yes, WTF. Sorry I don't know what to tell you.

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Yeah really. MORE INFO. This is like saying "Hey I got these shoes, and when I tried to run in them they didn't work. Now when I go out to play B-Ball I can't even hit the three pointer. Please help."

Let me confirm for you though, you did mess up. Merely hooking a network cable from the xbox to a PC wont cause any damage, so you must have done something else.

6. hops4me

hops4me Guest

i dont think theres nothing that could have caused it. i did try to hook it up to where my high speed connect goes. would that have hurt it?

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

As long as you really didn't mess with anything, Enigmah might be able to fix this. Assuming you can get the Xbox to boot the disc.

8. hops4me

hops4me Guest

what is enigmah and how do i get it. can i get it through torrents and burn it to dvd-r? or will that not work?

9. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Yeah the usual sources. It's called Enigmah Switchdisc. Personally I would FTP the files over, but burning it to DVD may work. Of course there's a very good chance that the disc won't boot and FTP may be the only other option.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  10. hops4me

hops4me Guest

i cant ftp because i cant get it to hook up with my COM. thats what messed it up in the first place. i dont know if i did it wrong or what. remember i did run my BOX to my COM through jack that comcast high speed goes in

11. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Burning a DVD is just as good if it boots. I really don't understand exactly how hooking up a crossover cable did much though. A crossover cable is exactly the same thing MS sells as system link cables so it's been tested many many times to be sure, and they work just fine.
    Anyway, it's seriously weird for sure, but hopefully Enigmah will solve it for you.