I'm having problems with my internet constantly

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by latinokid, Dec 23, 2009.

1. latinokid

latinokid Member

Hi, Constantly I'm havig problems with my internet. I'll be surfing the web with firefox and it'll just throw me out. Sometimes I have msn open and It just msn out to so I know its not firefox. The weirdest thing is that the little internet icon at the bottom right says I'm connected to the internet but I cant go on firefox or msn.
    In my house there are 3 laptops and one router. The router is in the middle of my house and the laptops are one in each room. DO you think it has something to do with too many computers connected at once?
    This is really frustrating for I will be doing something important and I'll click a link on the page or do sonething like that and it will just throw me out like the internet connection lost signal or something. MOst of the time O right click the internet icon and diagnose it. It normally says 'WIndows found no problems' or something like that but sometimes it also says to turn my router off for 10 seconds and turn it back on.
    PLease help. Tell me if you need more info like what type of router or computer I have.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Does this happen with your other PC's or is it just this one?

Also post what type of router you have.

3. latinokid

latinokid Member

Well its happened to the other pc's but like once or twice but it happens to mine constantly. Almost everyday...I have a Toshiba Satelite and the other ones are more recent pc's. Mine is like 3 or 4 yeas old and the others are like 1 year old. I dont know if that has anything to do with it.
    I have an echolife hg520b and in the front it says huawei router.
    I'm the farthest away from the three but still I'm pretty close to it so I don't think its that.

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Is this a recent problem? Try to surf the net with just your notebook and the others off and see if that makes a difference. If you still have issues try moving closer since you state yours is the farthest away as walls can block signals.

5. latinokid

latinokid Member

Well this happens for a short amount of time like I'll be surfing nd it throws me out for like 3 or 5 minutes and then it comes back on but the whole time acording to the computer I'm connected to the internet so I dont know what is wrong.

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

sounds like a wireless connectivity issue. Try to hard wire your notebook to the router and see if it continues. or you can try to reinstall your wireless driver on your notebook.

Another thing you can do is change the channel in your router to channel 10. you will need to go into your router settings to change this of course.

7. latinokid

latinokid Member

I already tryed logging in to my routers settings but it needs a password and I was told it was admin for both but it doesn't work. So changing the channel isn't the answer. What about re installing my wireless driver? How would I do that? Or can you get a better one online that has more strength?

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Changing the channel would be the one of things I would do. Ask someone what the username and password is so you can change that setting.

9. latinokid

latinokid Member

I would have to call the telephone company then. TO go into the setting all I have to do is type in my ip address in my web browser right?
    Also If I change the channel do I have to do something with the laptops? Any of the 3 that are in my house?

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can get an usb wireless adapter that is newer then what is built into the laptop. had that problem with a customer but with at least a 5yr old dell laptop. was resolved with a new acer laptop.

11. latinokid

latinokid Member

Why do I need a usb wireless adapter for?
    Hows that going to help me with my internet issue?
    I thought we were talking about changing my channel settings.

12. ddp

the new pc's don't have that much of a problem compared to your laptop so i'm giving you another option if the change channel idea doesn't work. is it just a router or a combo modem\router for the reason talking to the telephone company?

13. latinokid

latinokid Member

yes, the telephone company is the ones that installed a combo so they would know what the password is.

14. ddp

check the documentation that came with the combo unit as it will tell you how to change the settings which if correct you have to be hardwired to the combo not wireless.

15. latinokid

latinokid Member

umm the documentation? I dont really know where that is but yeah! I never thought of that. Maybe if I'm hardwired then it will let me! Thanks I'll try it out as soon as I can

16. ddp

always read the documentation before you do something as it has the info that you are looking for.

17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

One of -ddp's- infamous sayings.....RTFM! lol

18. ddp