Internet Priorities

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by okthen12, Nov 16, 2008.

1. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

:D
    Basicly i my sister is sucking up all the internet watching repeats of programmes she has seen on tv. Is there anyway i can lower her max speed so that it doesnt mean i have to wait for her to finish :D This may sound cruel but i need the internet more at this moment in time as i am taking exams soon and need it for research etc :)
    Thanks.

2. onya

onya Guest

Yep! It's called "asking mum or dad". Imagine if your big sister got a hold of such limiting devices or software? WW3? Sort it out the right way yes? No need for drastic measures in a family situation. ^.^ (just my opinion)

3. varnull

varnull Guest

I agree.. ask the person who controls the router for a few hours study time a day where you can have full bandwidth, basically.. blocking all high bandwidth traffic or even internet access to the other computer for a set period so you can study. That's easy to arrange and is a reasonable enough request in the circumstances..

4. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

hmmm, but i like seeing her get annoyed :D
    I dont think my parents will do anything about it, they have no control over her.
    Anyways thanks for the family adivce ;)

5. onya

onya Guest

Sounds like you're in for a rough time of it..lol

Good luck....

6. varnull

varnull Guest

You sound like a really nice person.. and it's not fair that you can't study because some inconsiderate ---- is hogging all the family bandwidth...

http://3d2f.com/tags/traffic/shaper/xp/

Take a peek :)

7. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Ok i'm guessing i should go into the other computer and install this then?
    THANKYOU!