internet torrent bandwidth slow?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Renald2, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renald2

Renald2 Guest

Hi,

I do not know where else to ask, if there is another place i should ask this question please let me know?

I would like to improve my torrent download speed if it will be possible?
    I enabled port forwarding sucsessfully and my "yellow" connection became "green" in my bittornado interface box.
    Downloading speeds improved from a maximum of 17kb/s at best to 37/38 kb/s!

I have a 192kb/s adsl connection though. How can i get speeds of up to 100kb/s + like so many other's do.
    Is there a program i need to get to improve performance? Is my Isp throttling ALL ports limiting it to 40 kb/s any ideas what i can do to improve it?

I am connected to the conexant modem wirelesly using a port in the high 7000's for my torrent client, and the modem in turn is connected physically to another pc.
    The two pc's aren't setup as a "network" I only access the modem wirellesly and can do all of it's configuration from this wireless pc.

What else do i need to do to get a faster download rate? It seems downloading from website's also limits me to 40 kb/s (using firefox or iexplorer) Did they rip me off on the connection speed they advertised? They are our national telephone service provider and i do not think they would risk doing something like that.

Any help will be appreciated thanks!

2. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

better check your speed here and post your result after..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.