ip address missing???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vancaster, Nov 5, 2006.

1. vancaster

vancaster Member

I was recently using my Xbox to FTP files to and from my PC and i changed the network settings to dynamic to hook up to the internet via a router and when i switched the network settings back to the static IP address (192.168.0.3) the EvoX screen reads nothing under the IP address. It used to read 0.0.0.0 or 192.169.0.3 or etc...but now its nothing. I went into the settings on the EvoX screen and the IP address is static and is the same as the Xenium chips settings. No matter what i do to the settings, i can't get the IP address to display on the Xbox while in EvoX. This keeps me from FTPing and hooking up to a router. PLEASE HELP!!

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what type of router are you using?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if you are using a router what brand is it.
    I know with my Linksis it is set up to run DHCP
    so that is also how i set up the Xbox to run.
    It may also have built in security. If this is the case you may have to enter the name and key of your security into the settings. Not on EvoX but on the actual MS Dash.

If something like WAP security is on the router and enabled then any other thing on your home network that doesn't have that same security information entered will not make a connection.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006