IRC Port Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cucuzza, Jan 14, 2008.

1. cucuzza

cucuzza Member

Hello,

I'm having some problems with port switching in IRC. This has always happened to me, but I am only doing something about it now. I don't know why I haven't posted about this before.

Well, anyways, when I try to access some people's fservs on mIRC channels, I get the following message:

"Server Notice: This server is using an alternate server method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 6060. /dccserver +sc on 6060. This is a mIRC command."

The most popular port errors I get are on 59 and 6060. I try using the /dccserver command, but it does not work. A little information about my situation: I am on a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G). I'm assuming that the server is on a router as well. I have tried forwarding my ports according to directions of instructional sites that tell you how to forward your ports. I have disabled firewalls (software and internal firewall within the router). These methods did not work. Is there any way I can solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Port forwarding on the WRT54G is easy, though i'd never needed to do it with Mirc; hace you tried ports 6667 and 7000 ?

3. cucuzza

cucuzza Member

Yes, I have. Those ports are to connect to the IRC server itself, which I can do. To connect to certain people's fservs on the IRC network, they require ports 59 and 6060 open, which I have. However, I can not access them. Any other ideas?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ah, i realised that you weren't talking about the standard IRC ports after i'd posted; sorry, 'fraid i don't know about the other ports