is it a normal occurance....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gamer63, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gamer63

gamer63 Guest

is it normal for backups to take a few seconds longer to load than a original disk? also in the game 'black' is the screen soppose to look fuzzy for a few sec's every few sec's (like is it trying to say im about to die therefore im blacking out sorta) if any knows what i mean plz reply

2. steimy

steimy Active member

the screen goes a little fuzzy everytime you reload, i know that much. and it should load up just like the original does if you have a good copy.

3. gamer63

gamer63 Guest

ih it does load good but games like 'half life 2' they take a lil longer i think. it could however be that it just is one of thoes games that takes longer ya know

4. gamer63

gamer63 Guest

oh also i just tryed to play a backup of darkwatch and i keep getting the disk might be dirty screen when i try to load the first lvl. also ive tryed deleting the old game saves and that didnt help at all
    if this is normal some one plz tell me, or if theres a list of games known to not be copyable can someone link me to it thanx

5. steimy

steimy Active member

are you using good quality media?

6. gamer63

gamer63 Guest

i beileve so im using hp invent dvd-r's they seme to work with most my other games ive only had trouble with darkwatch and fable the lost chapters ( but i dl'ed the fable game so that might be what was causing the problem)

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Well, all the HP -R discs are made by CMC. Not exactly a stellar reputation, but depending on the burner they may be ok. I have not had any problems burning CMC when I've received them as gifts, but many writers just don't like them. Probably yours is one of them, as subpar burns can absolutely cause the dirty disc message.