Is My DVD Player History?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by gerry1, Dec 23, 2005.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I recently told another member that my DVD player might be older but it worked like a charm...I should have knocked on wood. Pic and audio both are freezing and or skipping. Lens and DVDs are clean. DVDs play fine in my PC and in my neighbor's machine. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone or should I just consider the unit fried. Thanks! ... Gerry

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

got your pm........ let me know what you do..

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, sounds familiar!

What's the MID code of your blank media?
    Did you try a different brand of media?
    Did you try a slower speed?
    Did you change anything about your media? Spindle/brand name/format?
    What area of the backup is it when these issues occur? Beginning/middle/or end?

I had a sony dvp-ns325. It was a heck of a player for about 18 months. It played all my backups from all 5 of my pc burners and 1 cyberhome tv burner.Including plus r/dash r/and plus rw. If that player didn't play,there was something wrong with that backup disc.Then came the freezing and pixellating despite using taiyo yuden plus and dash format. A lens cleaning helped,until I played my first +DL backup and then those issues were highly magnefied. A cheap wal-mart special magnavox player took care of that issue.

You've confirmed it's your stand alone player's fault.

Now lets confirm the media quality. With the wear and tear of your stand alone,maybe it's getting sensitive to your media.