Is there a way that I can play PS2 games on Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rvn1, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvn1

rvn1 Member

I have an xbox console, I love the graphics and Xbox live my Xbox is also Modded so i can play backup games as well. But there are games that are exclusively for the Playstation 2 that i love e.g. Metal Gear Solid 3 , Smackdown V.S Raw etc. I have to know that there is some tool or program that can allow my to play PS@ game on the Xbox. Please Help.

2. GuyInAHat

GuyInAHat Member

nope, its impossible to emulate playstation 2 and gamecube and dreamcast(?) on an xbox

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  3. Yurihyuga

Yurihyuga Guest

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

A good rule of thumb is this:

Anything that came out before the N64 will most likely be able to be emulated on the Xbox. Anything that came out after the N64 will most likely NOT be able to be emulated on the Xbox.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@rvn1

This might not be the answer you're looking for but PS1 games can be played on the xbox.

6. cbruce

cbruce Member

well, how do u put emulators on an xbox with evox?

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

FTP them to the E:Drive. You can name a folder emulators or whatever you'd like to put them in.

8. cbruce

cbruce Member

thanks alot, but i have a plain O' harddrive so what drive does it go in! Thanks alot of putting up with stupid ppl like me... i know its hard! *_*

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

By plain hdd, if you mean factory hdd in your xbox...you can load them on the E:Drive

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  10. cbruce

cbruce Member

ooops sorry i thought u said f:/ drive! Thanks, but when i put a folder in my e:/ drive will that folder show up on my dashboard!

Also anyone looking for a xbox restore disc i will be selling them on ebay for 15 dollars in a month or two

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

It's either or but since you have a factory drive, it's E. You should be able to navigate to it via the folder you've created to store them in on E:Drive

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  12. cbruce

cbruce Member

so i can use emulators that i use on my computer right?
    i have SNES9x i think!

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

That's the right Emulator for the xbox, it's the one I have...give it a try.

14. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Why would you want to play ps2 games on xbox when you can play ps2 games on the playstaion 2?

15. cbruce

cbruce Member

So you dont waste oney why would you buy a ps2 when you can just play both systems on one? you savee atleast 100 bucks. I dont know if you rich or not but 100 bucks aint pocket change to me!

Well you cant play ps2 on xbox anyway.

16. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Who needs emulators when you have the original?

17. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

vgaddict8 , I am with cbruce. That was one dumb question you asked. If you dont know the answer to that question then you must be really dumb.

18. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

If you could buy a game for 50 bucks or 25 bucks what fool would pay the 50 bucks. I guess since you asked that dumb question about why would you want to play PS@ games on the xbox that you would be that dummy to pay the extra 25 for the game. Idiot.

19. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I just think there is something wrong with people who would rather emulated ps2 games on the xbox controller rather that the original on the ps2 system. Besides, emulators for high-tech-128-bit-systems are unpractical.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

you could always place your PS2 ontop of your xbox while playing your PS2 then you technicly would be playing your PS2 on your Xbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.