Is there free ripping software that works?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by PWH, Feb 8, 2002.

1. PWH

PWH Member

Is there free ripping software that works? If so post the links in this forum.

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

No.

Sorry, can't be done. You can't rip a thing. They've all been fibbing to you.

Just ask all those zillions of folks out there who have made superb vcds, svcds, xvcds, (dvds too), divx's, and heaven only knows what-all else, and *you too* will sadly arrive at the realization that ripping was just a figment of their imaginations.

From DeCSS to CladDVD XP to CladMdec to DeMPAA to DeDVD to DVD Decoder to DVD Decrypter to DVD Master 2001 to SmartRipper and beyond......it's all a pile of hooey. They've only been pulling your leg, PWH; some people are just like that I guess, and *no*, I did *not* just successfully rip the 3 "Godfather" movies from the dvd boxed set and make (nine) gorgeous vcds out of them either.

(No way, not me).

I hope this note reaches you in a timely fashion and will save you a lot of unnecessary frustration.

Best Regards,

-- KlingonAgent, Senior Commissionaire Of The Klingon High Council --

3. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

I personally prefer Smartripper.

4. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

I personally prefer beers. Lots and lots of (hic!) beers.

(Hi, GhostDog). :) (hic!)

The only thing I ever really successfully ripped was my pants. I too like SmartRipper, but you can't really get a decent 'buzz' off it, and as anyone can tell you, the more beers you drink, the better (hic!) vcd's or divx's look !

** All joking aside ** - YES! -- SmartRipper is my ripper of choice - (you *do* know that I've just been *joking*, right?) - SM neatly retrieves and decodes anything - partially or fully at my request, exactly what I request of it.

It's a great start to making your own at-home movies. For the rest, keep warm this winter, drink plenty of fluids (beers-hic!) and follow the advice you see in these pages.

Mike (KlingonAgent)- (hic!)

5. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Yeah I can get a joke.

Even though I´ve gotten a bit of a handle on digital video I´m still a novise, experimenting helps.

Afterdawn is probably the reason I started with video-editing, it influenced me. I didn´t have a screaming need to do stuff like this but it´s fun.
    My old hard-drive was also getting full mp3s and videos(I upgraded to a broadband connection), so when it was time to by a new and bigger one I took a look at ADs articles and thought some video-editing could be cool.