ISO extractor

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Kurren123, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Kurren123

Kurren123 Member

Hi.

I have recently downloaded an ISO file. How do I know if it has to be extracted? Which extractor do I use (Bearing in mind I don't want to pay money). Will I allways have to extract ISO files? And after I extract them, do I simply burn them to dvd? Last one, alot of people are saying that the Xbox 360 can play ISO files, is that true?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

ok so you downloaded an Game which in a bunch of .rar files or do you have the ISO/Game itself??? the xbox has Xiso which you will not be able to extract with winrar you will need a tool like Qwix to extract an Xiso but if you downloaded this file and extracted it with winrar just burn the ISO onto DVD-R with DVD Decrypter.i hope u have a modded xbox.....and yes they have gotten some back-ups to work on the 360 with a dvd firmware hack which is not released to the public as of yet....

3. steimy

steimy Active member

here is how you know.
    If you want to burn it to DVD then you never have to extract an ISO unless it is too big for the DVD and you are tring to delete files (movies and extras) to get it to fit.

If you want to FTP the file to your Xbox HDD the yes, you will always have to extract it and FTP the game files to your HDD.
    YOu can either extract it with Qwix or Craxtion4 to a folder on your PC, then FTP to Xbox
    Or you can use Craxtion4 to extract the ISO directly from the PC to the Xbox and it will extract the ISO into files for you.