I've been trying to ftp my xbox w/evox for 20 HRS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by imabadboi, Jan 10, 2006.

1. imabadboi

imabadboi Member

Ok I've read every single freakin tut on here and xbox scene as well as a few from google and I've followed them all to the t. I swear! I went out and bought a brand new ethernet card and a new crossover cable. Downloaded FlashFXP and input the following:

Site Name: Xbox
    I.P. Address : 192.168.0.1
    User Name : Xbox
    Password : Xbox

went to option and disabled passive mode (because I have evox) I went into my evox softmod dash and went into settings and input the following

Setup Network: Yes
    Use Static I.P.: Yes
    I.P.: 192.168.0.1
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    DefaultGateway: Blank
    DNS: 0.0.0.0
    DNS: 0.0.0.0
    Setup Delay: 0
    Skip Setup If No Link: No

Under Ftp I got the following

Enable: Yes
    Password: Xbox

Telnet is not enabled and neither is RDTools

I then go to FlashFXP again and select apply and connect and I get the following error everytime

Connecting to Xbox->192.168.0.1 Port=21
    Connection Failed (Connection Refused)
    Delaying for 120 secs.

So I tried Pinging it through the command line and it pings at 100%
    I am getting really pissed off!! I mean I just dont get why it's not working!?!?!? I'm on dial-up internet and it took me forever to download all the programs i needed but i stuck it out and now this. Do I have to set up the new Ethernet card or something? What am I missing guys. Please HELP ME!!!!!

2. imabadboi

imabadboi Member

I also failed to mention my xbox has never been connected to xbox live so there for i just assigned it an i.p. address that i read was the default, I'm not sure if this matters but I am attempting to address every concievable problem.

3. woohooboy

woohooboy Member

Try changing the IP address of the Xbox to 192.168.0.2, change the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0, and change the default gateway to 192.168.0.1

After doing that go into the properties of your ethernet connection on your computer and change it from obtaining the IP automatically to the IP address 192.168.0.1

Then try the ftp. If that doesn't work shut off your firewall settings and try again. If that still doesn't work then there was a problem that I also had. I have to disable my wireless connection in order to connect to my Xbox. I assume this is because the ftp program uses my wireless as a default. You could try that. If none of those work then someone else will probably be able to help better.

4. imabadboi

imabadboi Member

DUDE YOU ARE A fusking GENIOUS!!!!!! It worked like a fusking charm!!!! I love you guys!!! Now to read the forums so I can install XBMC!!