ive ftp to xbox but carnt find it

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by daz1973, Feb 27, 2006.

1. daz1973

daz1973 Guest

ive managed to ftp an xbox game over to my xbox using flash.i put it to the games folder.watched all the numbers changing on the hard drive on the evo x screen.but when i go to play from hard drive its says theres nothing there.could you please help

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

You FTP'd it how? You started with ISO and then extracted all the files and FTP'd those over? Please be a little more precise with the description of what you did.

3. daz1973

daz1973 Guest

the game was called black and the file was black dgr 001 ect.do i have to convert it first then send it

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Yes. The way it is now is packed. Once you extract the ISO from the archive that you have now you can burn that ISO to a DVD a play it. If you want to play it from the xbox HD you need to extract the game files from the ISO with something like Qwix. THEN you send all these extracted files over to the xbox via FTP.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

daz1973, read the forum rules above about posting. 1 thread per subject. other threads closed

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yes what is above is the correct way.
    Get Winrar and install it
    Open Winara and use the open file to browse and find the
    Black.dgr001 file and load it into Winrar
    Then choose the extract feature and extract it.
    You will get one of 2 things. If it is an ISO file then you need to use something like Cration4 or Qwix to extract the actual game files out of the ISO into a folder. Once you do that then you can FTP the whole folder into your games folder on the Xbox HDD, it will either be on E: or F: depending on how you set it up.

method 2 would be if you have a modded Xbox with DVD2Xbox
    You can extract it to an ISO, burn the ISO to a DVD-R, then use DVD2Xbox to copy the files from the DVD to your HDD games folder