I've got it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by casdnto2, Aug 3, 2004.

1. casdnto2

casdnto2 Member

I guess there is just no way to make backups of XBOX games. Please correct me. If you tell me step by step in detail on how to do it, I'll do it step by step and someting still would probably be wrong. People are saying the data icons appear to be invisible. That says it right there. I can do it very very easy backing up PS2 games the only thing I need now is the Mod Chip. A week ago I was trying to decide which Mod Chip I should buy first. I've made my decision, I'll go with the PS2. Don't think I'm a rude person or anything, I'm just very cofused with how much hassle you need to go through with backing up XBOX games. You would think It would probably be easier since it's made by Microsoft. I'm just an uneducated game backing up person when It comes to copying XBOX games. So please reply to this message and educate me.

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Just a tip. Dont make multiple threads to cover the same topic. People can get a little annoyed.

As a BRIEF rundown of what you will need - here is a short list of what you need to do. I urge you to check out seamonkeys guides (found at the top of the backing up page ie sticky topics) and the tutorials at www.xbox-scene.com so you can get some detailed information.

1 - you need a cross over cable for direct pc to xbox exchanges or a network setup.

2 - You need a new dash board for the xbox ie: Evox

3 - assign your xbox a static ip (in evox) which is in the same subnet as your computers

4 - Obtain a ftp program ie: Flash FXP

5 - create a new connection in Flash FXP - name - xbox password - xbox with you xbox's new ip address

6 - Open the connection between your comp and xbox
    through flash fxp or similar

7 - Open xbox drive, place game in, close xbox drive

8 - Wait 'til its finished reading the disk and then open the D: folder on your xbox through flash fxp or similar

9 - Create a folder on your pc for the game to go.

10- open that folder and copy ALL game data (from the d drive) into the new folder you just created.

11- when its complete (transfers fron d: to pc with a cross over are normally 1.5 meg a sec) patch the .xbe files with a program called qwix availiable from www.xbox-sceen.com - tools

12 - Create an iso from your data with QWIX (or similar)

13 - Burn as image on media suitable for YOUR version xbox

14 - PLAY

3. casdnto2

casdnto2 Member

Thank you very much. Still too complicated though but i guess that's what you need to do.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

ftp a program called dvd2xbox into your machine and then if the game is small enough you can just copy the game right to your xbox hdd. Then if you want to burn the copy you can just ftp the game out of the xbox and with craxtion or quix you can convert it to an ISO file and then burn it to dvd. The only easier way is to buy the game.

5. scottas

scottas Guest

You should already own the game to make a backup of it. But dvd2xbox is a good application. Another one to try if you'd like is xboxripper. You'll need to have your connection to the xbox (direct or network) in place, but it will make your backup in a one click operation. But please try to figure out how to ftp the xbox. There is so much more you can do!!!

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Scottas is soooooooo right!!
    theres TONS you can do when ftp-ing to your pc, youd be surprised!!
    check out some other sites such as xbox-scene, x-b-o-x.net, allxboxskins, etc etc for just a few things you can do with your modded box.
    for installing I like PxHDDLoader, I think its cos I like the layout, cos I had my first modded box setup with xaviers installer, its an old installer but it sets things up real nice
    (pssst clarky, were you yawning when you typed that!?) lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  7. clarky

clarky Regular member

DJ the same q gets asked so often that i now have it on "speed paste" haha