JVC GR-D200 not able to capture video

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by maxaraxa, Jun 7, 2005.

1. maxaraxa

maxaraxa Guest

Hi, I have a JVC GR-D200 which the puter is able to see if it is in the memory card mode, still images, the usb fires right up and I was able to load the drivers....but when I switch it to read off the video, the usb icon disappears and it is no longer recognized in device manager. I have WINXP. I had been trying to find an answer and I am wondering if I need something other that usb to get the video from camcorder to pc. I have seen people speak of a "firewire" card, is this what I need? The JVC manual does not mention anything about having to get another card...very confusing. If someone could please let me know I would appreciate it. When I have use video software ( I have Ulead, MovieMaker, Pinnacle...) they all say there is no connection to the camcorder. If I do need to get another card which one is the best to get?
    Thanks, Max

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. maxaraxa

maxaraxa Guest

TPFKAS, thank you for the info, I will get one! :) Max

4. milanw

milanw Member

Yes. I have the same camcorder. USB worked for me after several attempts. It was before I knew about firewire & I spent days figuring out how to transfer the video via the USB. Finally it worked somehow (please don't ask me how, I have no idea, all of a sudden it started showing up). But since the quality of the video was bad, I am experimenting with a firewire card now!