JVC GR-DV500U playback issues

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Radunn, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Radunn

Radunn Member

I've owned the jvc gr-dv500u camcorder for about 6 months; it was bought used but in excellent condition. The problem I experience is intermittent fuzziness (2-3 seconds per minute etc.)during playback throughout the recording. It's more pronounced after the DV is transferred to the PC. I use a tape head cleaner that helps somewhat but the loss of focus/clarity still persists.

I also do frequent indoor recording and would like to know ultimate lighting I should be using. In advance, thanks for your time and support.

2. tjfenton

tjfenton Guest

You can try an additional pass with the head cleaner tape, but don't do it over and over. If you have a repair shop nearby, you could have the heads inspected and adjusted. If not, you might have to send it in to the manufacturer. If you are doing commercial or frequent recording, photography lights are the way to go, unless you are comfortable manually adjusting your camera settings.

3. Radunn

Radunn Member

Ok, thanks for the information; so it seems that the tape heads are the main issue? As far as the lighting's concerned, I was hoping to find a good light etc. at a Walmart etc.