Kicked off on the internet

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DarkmanX, Aug 7, 2003.

1. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

My computer just recently started to kick me off of the internet randomly. I've had it happen a few times with more and more frequency. I have an ethernet braodband router and I'm running Zone alarm. I am assuming that this is sufficient for basic security. I am also running Adware for more peace of mind. Is there a setting or something that i should check to justify why i get booted off of the internet, Usually at the most unopportune times

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

This is probably your connection do u have a reliable isp?

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Mine too, apparently there were problems with BT's Lines in relation to broadband, it should be sorted now i think.

4. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

So this is a current problem? I just tried to connect to the internet, when I got the famous "White page". After trying to connect a few times, I decided to Control Alt Delete to go to the task manager to see if I was receiving a signal, when the whole computer shutdown and restarted. This doesn't seem normal. I have Yahoo DSL. The computer is a Sony Vaio. I've only had for about a month, Any thoughts or suggestions on what I should be checking?

5. PlusOne

PlusOne Member

Have you cloned a MAC address onto the router? Many ISPs (including mine... Comcast) will drop you if you are not reporting a MAC addr.