laptop wifi not working. IPV problem?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NINVIN21, May 17, 2010.

1. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I'm not sure what I did but my list of wifi connections will not show up in my taskbar,
    I go into my network connections and it shows my connection on the list.the device manager shows everything as being ok,I uninstalled the adapter it reinstalled and I still have the same problem.
    I Right click on my connection and go into status an it say's my IPv4 and IPv6 are not connected how do I fix this?

Thank you
    Windows 7
    Sony Vaio

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I think you might have accidentaly switched the wifi off with the physical switch.

3. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  4. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

That's not the problem But I believe it's close to that.
    When I'm looking at my network connections,I flip the physical switch off and my bluetooth network disappears But My Wireless Connection 2 (intel 5100 AGN) Stays there with my local connection.That shouldn't be!I never seen this before you would think reinstalling the driver would fix it.I used to have a second wireless network connected on my PC it was connect to a network Via USB dongle. I'm thinking the problem has something to do with that I don't see how because I uninstalled the driver for the dongle,Thank you any info is good info at this point.worse comes to Worse I will just reinstall windows I'm due for a fresh start anyways.

Thanks again

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a system restore to before the problem.