LG - Karaoke DVD Player ; Model: DK172

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bdark, Sep 4, 2006.

1. bdark

bdark Member

first of all, hey everyone

i'm portuguese and i'm new on this forum, but i can already see there are lots of members, so i hope someone can help me with my problem.

I just bought the "LG - Karaoke DVD Player; Model: DK172", and i've been looking for the firmware to this player but i haven't find anything. The first place was the LG website, but i can't anything over there. The guy who sold me this DVD player told me to look for it on the LG website, but im sure there's nothing pointing to this player in there. It costed me 69€, and i don't know what to do now. Perhaps the firmware isn't essencial for this player ?!

Btw, the only place where i found some information about this player on the LG website, was on the Malasyan section.. but only product specifications, no firmware updates or anything downloadable.

Thanks in advance

2. bdark

bdark Member

can anyone help me with this please ?

3. zaskar

zaskar Member

Why do you want a newer firmware version? I've also bought one of these players, and so far, I haven't needed a different firmware. Plays Divx and Xvid, with subtitles and no noticeable problems (at least from what I've seen).

4. marco1337

marco1337 Member

Hi! I'm portuguese too and I looking for a divx player and this LG seems to be a good choice. I have just 2 questions. In this divx player, the subtitles must have the same name of the movie (ex. xxx.avi xxx.srt)? And does it read .sub and .srt subtitles?
    Thks

5. bdark

bdark Member

hey marco.. it does .srt because i played a lots of divx movies with that kind of extension in the subtitles.. about .sub i dont know.. but it probably reads it too.

About the same name for the movie and subtitle.. i didnt try it yet, all the divx i play on it have the same name for the movie and subtitle... but i believe it will read if they are the only files in the CD.. because if he has more than 1 subtitle on it it won't know which one to pick up for applying to the movie...

Anyway, let's see if anyone else here can help you on that with more certain (com mais certeza eheh)

6. shareless

shareless Member

Hi,
    I've bought a DK172 yesterday and it seems that it has the same problem as LG DVX-9843K: When using SRT subs, some lines disappear too fast.

There's an unofficial firmware available for Lg9xxx Series. It has been done by a guy called Xypro (portuguese too!) and it works really great with Lg9xxx players. Unfortunately, i don't know if it's compatible with DK172. I'm gonna PM Xypro...

BTW, Xypro homepage: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dhammer/index.html

Best regards,
    Shareless.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  7. bdark

bdark Member

thanks m8, i would appreciate that =)