LG RC278 - upgrading to support Region Free

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by pastortom, Jan 24, 2008.

1. pastortom

pastortom Member

Hey guys.. Got a dvd-player here combined with VHS recorder, but the DVD-player is locked at region 2, I wanna fix this..

Got a lot of experience in flashing, with my awesome Willem external Universal USB programmer, so wanna know if anyone here knows HOW to upgrade / flash the LG RC278 dvd-player to support all region dvd-discs..

Hope to get some info on this, so if anyone knows, please reply to this thread..

If by any means this thread is in violation with the rules on this forum please notify me and i will remove this thread myself..

2. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

This unit responds to the same region code hack as for the RC185 and RC199:

"This is hack to enter the system configuration information. Once here you can change many aspects of the DVD including the region code.

To start the hack:
    Click the home button on the remote, goto the Setup page, highlight the 16X9 aspect ratio and enter in this coded sequence: 1 3 9 7 1 3 9

To change the values of these options hit the enter button and scroll with arrow keys until you get to the option you want to change. For the region code hack replace the value of option 5 with the value of: ff

Changing this value will set unit to region code 0 which should allow any region to be played on the player. Hit the return button to save and exit. Reboot the device - all is well now."

3. pastortom

pastortom Member

Sweeet, thank you so much :) I will try on Monday