Limewire Shuts down

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Modking30, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

I am sure you guys all saw the lady that got busted for 1.9million for downloading 24songs from kaaza. Limewire also shutdown a few days ago.

1.) Only use private torrent sites if you are using torrents.
    2.) I am pretty sure direct links like megaupload are safe? Not sure why.

Anyone want to explain the safest methods. I am sure a ton of people are using megaupload, but I thought that was safe.

2. jpizzle

jpizzle Regular member

newsgroups, Usenet with SSL connection

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

is megaupload not safe?

4. stealthdf

stealthdf Regular member

it is but there are tons of people leeching off it and causing it to run super slow sometimes. mostly cause of so many people not having premium accounts and using dload managers to get files

5. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

True but there are a lot of other hosting sites popping up everyday so I'm sure people can find others means of getting stuff.

6. w00ly

w00ly Regular member

i wouldn't be surprised if megaupload caved under government pressure with their downloads. Plus I cant fusking stand the queue system. Takes an eternity to download something even with proxies bypassing the queue

Any torrent site can be secure if you use a seedbox and/or proxy. Personally I use private trackers to download to my home computer though and have only received 1 letter from my ISP from torrentleech. Since using peer guardian it hasn't happened.

Revolutiontt, sceneaccess, tvtorrents, bitmetv, what.cd and blackcats games have never caused me to get a letter

7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Yeah I got the letter as well, but I think it was because I didn't realize one of my torrents was seeding demoniod. I just can't believe our awesome government would even care about 24 freaking songs and then sue for 1.9 million, but then we let child sickos on the screen for a few hundred. Messed up world if you ask me. I'm on Rev TT. Best torrent site out there if you ask me. I use megaupload a lot mostly when I want to save my ratio. I have a premium account that I use though. Some people say megaupload is safe and others say it's not. What would make it unsafe? My problem is the amount of data that comes through to my network. It reaches over 100 gig and even 300 gig a month sometimes.

8. jpizzle

jpizzle Regular member

use newsgroups and get 0 letters

9. w00ly

w00ly Regular member

Rev is good, i really like the request system and how it gets older files up, especially movies. TL on the other hand has a larger user base so torrents stay up longer and often have more seeders/speed. Also because of all the users it's much easier to seed at

what makes megaupload unsafe imo is that it's a centralized location that the government can aggressively go after and if pressured hard enough, could potentially give up who downloaded what. At the torrent sites you're downloading from individuals, not the site itself
    I've been tempted to but meh...most of the torrents sites max out my connection anyway and i'm not really concerned with the letters (had about 8 in 2 months before private trackers and nothing happened). Plus paying for it kinda defeats the purpose :)

10. wabashman

wabashman Active member

hell im still trying to figure out WTF this has to do with xbox 360s......

11. w00ly

w00ly Regular member

ya cause everyone that mods does 0800 backups

12. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

well frostwire still works

13. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

yeah I used frostwire. I thas to do with 360's because of the downloads. Not everyone rips

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Modking30, a senior member should know better. moved to correct forum due to your blindness as not a xbox360 general discussion issue.

15. vinzon

vinzon Member

No I didn't see the news about that lady. I'm pretty sure he will not be paying a dime because I wouldn't. I must admit I was surprised they Limewire to shutdown.

16. brillo1

brillo1 Member

You should just use sites like http://i'manidiot.com edited by ddp that are totaly legit

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.